- Dr. Stacey Kolomer has been named permanent Director of the School of Social Work. We look forward to continuing to thrive under her leadership. Congratulations, Dr. Kolomer!
- Congratulations to Dr. Andrea Jones and Dr. Jacquelyn Lee for being selected for the first-ever cohort of the NextUp Leadership Development Fellowship Program!
- Congratulations to Dr. Kristin Bolton and Dr. Jessica Strong for being selected to attend the Inaugural UNCW Grant Writing Boot Camp!
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions Certificate Program was approved as a four-course sequence beginning Fall 2015! For more information, see this flier.
BSW Application Deadlines 2016:
- Early: February 19, 2016
- Regular: May 9, 2016
Click here for BSW Application
Applications received after May 9 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Fall 2016 Main Campus BSW Orientation
- Tuesday, August 16, 1:00-3:00 p.m. in MC 1051
MSW Application Deadlines 2016:
- Full-time program: February 01, 2016
- Part-time program: June 15, 2016
- Graduation 2016 Slideshow
- Social Work Advisory Board
- Program Assessment
- UNCW Office of Professional Education
- Check out our faculty recruitment video: The time is right for UNCW and the School of Social Work!
Greetings and welcome to the UNC Wilmington School of Social Work
The School of Social Work prepares students to make a difference in the world through:
- direct practice with individuals, couples, families, and communities;
- policy analysis and advocacy; and
- social work research.
Our students are trained to help people discover and build upon their resources and strengths as well as the resources and strengths of their environment to meet the challenges of poverty, discrimination, health and mental health issues, and other difficult life situations. UNCW social work graduates are working in social service, health, and mental health agencies in Southeastern North Carolina, throughout the state, and across the country.
UNCW School of Social Work Statement of Values (2013)
The faculty of the School of Social Work supports all professional values and ethics articulated by the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics. Further, we believe in…
- …collaborative interprofessional and intraprofessional teaching, practice, and research.
- … student-centered education that prepares students for the reality of resiliency-based, reasoned, and informed practice.
- …an environment that is creative, fun, collegial, and supportive of community members who are passionate and committed to learning, teaching, and service.
- …continuously enhancing the quality of the School and faculty through mentoring, transparency, and creative and innovative engagement.
- …an appreciation of the holistic nature of diversity.
Please explore our site and learn about the degree programs, scholarship, and service at the School of Social Work at the University of North Carolina Wilmington.