- Kudos: Lori Messinger Wilma Magazine's 2014 Women to Watch Winner in the Education Category
- Noell Rowan, Guest Co-Editor on LGBT Aging in Journal of Gerontological Social Work
- In the Journal of Social Work's Most-Read articles during July 2014, Kristin Bolton's article ranked 15!
- UNCW MSW Program made #2 on the list as one of the 25 most affordable MSW programs in the US!
Save the Date: School of Social Work to host SFBTA Conference November 2015.
BSW Application Deadlines:
- 02/16/2015 (early)
- 05/11/2015 (traditional)
- 08/25/2015 (late)
Upcoming BSW Information Sessions:
- Thursday, April 23 2:00-3:00pm, MC 2061
MSW Application Deadlines:
- 02/01/2015 (preferred)
- 04/15/2015 (firm)
SSW Spring Departmental Graduation Ceremony:
- Friday, May 8 2:30 p.m., Kenan Auditorium
Main Campus (PDF)
Extension Campus (PDF)
- Social Work Advisory Board
- Program Assessment
- UNCW Office of Professional Education
- Check out our faculty recruitment video: The time is right for UNCW and the School of Social Work!
Greetings and welcome to the UNC Wilmington School of Social Work
The School of Social Work prepares students to make a difference in the world through:
- direct practice with individuals, couples, families, and communities;
- policy analysis and advocacy; and
- social work research.
Our students are trained to help people discover and build upon their resources and strengths, and those in their environment, to meet the challenges of poverty, discrimination, health and mental health issues, and other difficult life situations. UNCW social work graduates are working in social service, health, and mental health agencies in Southeast North Carolina, throughout the state, and across the country.
UNCW School of Social Work Statement of Values (2013)
The faculty of the School of Social Work supports all professional values and ethics articulated by the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics. Further, we believe in…
- …collaborative interprofessional and intraprofessional teaching, practice, and research.
- … student-centered education that prepares students for the reality of resiliency-based, reasoned, and informed practice.
- …an environment that is creative, fun, collegial, and supports community members who are passionate and committed to learning, teaching, and service.
- …continuously enhancing the quality of the School and faculty through mentoring, transparency, and creative and innovative engagement.
- …an appreciation of the holistic nature of diversity.
Please explore our site and learn about the degree programs, scholarship, and service at the School of Social Work at the University of North Carolina Wilmington.