- The Social Work community mourns loss of Dennis Saleebey (PDF).
- UNCW MSW Program made #2 on the list as one of the 25 most affordable MSW programs in the US!
- BSW Social Work Seniors win
Senior Giving Challenge!! (PDF)
Upcoming MSW Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, September 17
5:15-6:15 PM, McNeill Hall, Rm. 1024
- Wednesday, October 8 5:15-6:15 PM WebEx
- Wednesday, November 5
5:15-6:15, McNeill Hall, Rm. 1051 (Multi-purpose room)
- Wednesday, December 10 5:15-6:15 PM, WebEx
- Wednesday, January 14
5:15-6:15 pm, WebEx
Extension - BSW (PDF)
- Social Work Advisory Board
- Employment Opportuntiies
- Program Assessment
- UNCW Office of Professional Education
- Check out our faculty recruitment video: The time is right for UNCW and the School of Social Work!
Greetings and welcome to the UNC Wilmington School of Social Work
The School of Social Work prepares students to make a difference in the world through:
- direct practice with individuals, couples, families, and communities;
- policy analysis and advocacy; and
- social work research.
Our students are trained to help people discover and build upon their resources and strengths, and those in their environment, to meet the challenges of poverty, discrimination, health and mental health issues, and other difficult life situations. UNCW social work graduates are working in social service, health, and mental health agencies in Southeast North Carolina, throughout the state, and across the country.
Please explore our site and learn about the degree programs, scholarship, and service at the School of Social Work at the University of North Carolina Wilmington.