Early: $25.00 per person before April 22, 2015
Late: $35.00 on or after April 22, 2015
Registration @ door: $50.00 (Space Available Only)
$25.00 per person
Will only be accepted through April 22, 2015
Past Award Recipients
Nurses' Day Celebration 2015
19th Annual Nurses' Day Celebration
University of North Carolina Wilmington
School of Nursing
Southeast Region of NCNA
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Social, Raffle, and Silent Auction: 5:30pm - 6:15pm
Dinner and Program: 6:15 pm - 8:30pm
The Burney Center Ballroom
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
- All nurses young and old, working and retired are invited to the Nurses' Day Celebration.
- This is the perfect opportunity to celebrate nursing and nurses!
- Enjoy a wonderful dinner and celebration with colleagues and friends of Nursing
- Celebrate with the 2015 nurse honorees and scholarship recipients
- Recognize, applaud, and congratulate nurses for their contributions to nursing practice, public health, long-term care, education, research, administration, and leadership;
- Feel energized, excited, and renewed
- Experience an evening of fun, food, and fellowship!
- Have an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets or bid on silent auction items to support student nursing scholarships (cash or checks only).
Nominate a Nurse to be Celebrated at
Nurses' Day Celebration 2015
- Currently Licensed LPN or RN in North Carolina.
- Has not been honored at a Nurses Day Celebration since 2009.
- To confirm, please check previous recipients listed at http://www.uncw.edu/son/nursedaycelebration.html
- Positive role model for the nursing profession
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
If a nominee meets these criteria, please have:
- A digital photo of nominee taken in the workplace (not an employee ID picture).
- The nominee's name as you would like it to appear on the certificate.
- Written description on how the nominee has been a positive role model for the nursing profession in 25 words or less
- Email digital picture and description of nurse honoree to Debra Simson: email@example.com.
Nurse Day Celebration Committee Members
- Marge Verzella, UNCW School of Nursing, Chair
- Nancy Ahern, UNCW School of Nursing
- Angie Bertsch, Brunswick County Health Dept. and Secretary/Treasurer, NCNA
- Kelly Cahill, Lower Cape Fear Hospice & Life Care Center
- Sarah Farmer, Brunswick Novant Medical Center
- Angela Fisher, Brunswick Novant Medical Center
- Jayne S. Gee, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Saralyn Gillikin, SEAHEC
- Cynthia Glenn, Brunswick County Health Dept.
- Elizabeth Grace, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Terry Hickey, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Mary Jo Hovey, Cape Fear Community College
- Karen Juma, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Erin Luce, Cape Fear Community College, UNCW
- April Matthias, UNCW School of Nursing
- Michelle McEwen-Campbell, UNCW School of Nursing
- Jeanette Orr, Onslow Memorial Hospital
- Julie Register, Pender Memorial Hospital
- Sandra M. Robinson, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Penny Sauer, UNCW School of Nursing
- Cindy Schweizer, Brunswick Community College