Nurses Day Celebration 2016
Platinum 20th Annual Nurses Day Celebration
University of North Carolina Wilmington
School of Nursing
Southeast Region of NCNA
Monday, May 9, 2016
Social, Raffle, and Silent Auction: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Dinner and Program: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
The Burney Center Ballroom
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
- All nurses--young and old, working and retired--are invited to the Nurses' Day Celebration.
- This is the perfect opportunity to celebrate nursing and nurses!
- Enjoy a wonderful dinner and celebration with colleagues and friends of Nursing
- Celebrate with the 2016 nurse honorees and scholarship recipients
- Recognize, applaud, and congratulate nurses for their contributions to nursing practice, public health, long-term care, education, research, administration, and leadership
- Feel energized, excited, and renewed
- Experience an evening of fun, food, and fellowship!
- Have an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets or bid on silent auction items to support student nursing scholarships (cash or checks only)
Nominate a Nurse to be Celebrated at
Nurses Day Celebration 2016
- Currently Licensed LPN or RN in North Carolina
- Has not been honored at a Nurses Day Celebration since 2010
- To confirm, please check previous recipients listed at http://www.uncw.edu/son/nursedaycelebration.
- Positive role model for the nursing profession
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
If a nominee meets these criteria, please have:
- A digital photo of nominee taken in the workplace (not an employee ID picture)
- The nominee's name as you would like it to appear on the certificate
- Written description on how the nominee has been a positive role model for the nursing profession in 25 words or less
- Email digital picture and description of nurse honoree to Debra Simson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurses Day Celebration Committee Members
- Marge Verzella, UNCW School of Nursing, Chair
- Angie Bertsch, Brunswick County Health Dept. and Secretary/Treasurer, NCNA
- Kelly Cahill, Lower Cape Fear Hospice & Life Care Center
- Cynthia Faulkner, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Sarah Farmer, Brunswick Novant Medical Center
- Jayne S. Gee, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Saralyn Gillikin, SEAHEC
- Cynthia Glenn, Brunswick County Health Dept.
- Elizabeth Grace, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Martha Hepler, UNCW School of Nursing
- Amanda Jeffries, UNCW School of Nursing
- Karen Juma, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Kelly Laham, UNCW School of Nursing
- Erin Luce, Cape Fear Community College, UNCW
- Carolyn McCormick, Cape Fear Community College
- Michelle McEwen-Campbell, UNCW School of Nursing
- Jeanette Orr, Onslow Memorial Hospital
- Sandra M. Robinson, NCNA, Southeast Region
- Penny Sauer, UNCW School of Nursing
- Debra Simpson, UNCW School of Nursing
- Lisa Snow, Cape Fear Community College
- Natalie Swiger, Dosher Memorial Hospital
- April Vance, Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center