Every semester, current UNCW 2+2 students will meet with the Program Director during the pre-registration advising period to discuss courses that should be taken in the subsequent semester. In the fall, pre-registration advising takes place in October and November and in the spring, in March and April. Students should make an appointment for pre-registration advising with Dr. Amy Reamer using the University College Appointment System. During the appointment, students will receive a unique PIN number which will allow them to register for classes in SeaNet when their time ticket for registration opens. Information on how to find a time ticket in SeaNet can be found here. Students should prepare for their advising appointment by reviewing the semester by semester degree plan for the engineering discipline of their choice.
Other important academic advising information can be found on the University College website. Some commonly referenced links are listed below:
- Academic Difficulties, including information about withdrawing from a course and using the Course Repeat Policy
- Graded Audits, where a student opts to repeat a course and have a letter grade appear on their transcript
- Student Confidentiality, including information about students granting consent for parental access
- Transfer Credit Evaluation, including determining course equivalencies
- Instructions for Transient Study, important when taking Engineering courses via NC State Distance Education
- University Learning Center, offering tutoring services in mathematics, writing, and the sciences
Please consult the Program Director for any and all questions about academic policies, available campus resources, and academic performance.