Emergency: Dial 911 from any UNCW extension, including courtesy phones
- Police Alert Updated 07-08-2014
- Important Numbers
- Crime Log
- Active Shooter Training
- News Releases can be viewed at UNCW News & Events Site
- Report a Crime Anonymously by E-mail Or by phone at (910) 962-TIPS
- Have Questions? Check the FAQ
- What to do about Sexual Assault
- R.A.D Self Defense Course for Women
- Interactive Campus Map
- Are You Being Stalked? (PDF)
- UNCW Police Record Request
- Campus Safety Q & A (PDF)
- Suspicious Packages (PDF)
- Suspicious Package Checklist (PDF)
University Police Department
Emergency: Dial Emergency 911 from any UNCW extension, including courtesy phones
Non-Emergency: Dial (910) 962-2222.
The University Police Department is located on the East side of campus, on Lionfish Drive, and is open 24 hours a day. Police officers patrol the campus seven days a week, 365 days a year. The primary objective of the University Police Department is to provide a safe and secure environment within which students, faculty, and staff can live, learn, and work. The department is comprised of three divisions - Support Services, Investigations, and Patrol. The officers who staff these divisions are duly sworn, certified, armed, and empowered with the same authority as other local law enforcement officers in the State of North Carolina as regulated by the North Carolina Department of Justice.
Telecommunicators, program managers and command-level personnel provide administrative support for the various divisions. The department also employs 5 full-time and approximately 15 part-time security guards who assist community members by performing building patrols, area patrols, escorts and access to other departmental services.
You may also contact the University Police Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org