Citation Appeal Process
(For Parking/Traffic Citations and Moving Violations)
Community Service Initiative
- The UNCW Parking Citation - Community Service Initiative provides students with the opportunity to utilize community service through Parking & Transportation Services as an alternative to paying one specified parking citation per semester.
- Moving violations are not eligible for the Community Services Initiative.
Moving Violation Appeal Process
Moving violations may be appealed to the Director of Auxiliary Services. To appeal a moving violation, the Moving Violation Form must be completed and filed in the Auxiliary Services/Parking and Transportation Office within seven days of the date of the citation.
Parking or Traffic Citation Appeal ProcessPersons wishing to appeal a parking or traffic citation should initiate an appeal by filing a UNCW Parking Citation Appeal Form with Parking & Transportation Services. Appeal forms can be obtained at Parking & Transportation Services or by printing the UNCW Parking Citation Appeal Form from the Parking & Transportation website. All appeals must be initiated within seven (7) days of the citation issue date.
Parking or traffic citation appeals will NOT be considered for the following reasons.
- Fire lane violation
- Not knowing or lack of knowledge of Parking Regulations
- Inability to find a proper convenient parking space
- Other vehicles were improperly parked
- Late to class or appointment
- Financial hardship caused by the fine
- Someone else driving your car
Persons appealing for reasons (i.e., disabled vehicle or temporary medical problem) other than those listed above may complete the form.
Complete the form in as much detail as possible, attach the citation and any supporting documentation (i.e., repair bill, doctor’s note, police report, etc.) to the form and return it to Parking & Transportation Services (located in Warwick Center).
The Parking Appeals Committee will review policies and documentation associated with the violation and consider any circumstances you describe. ALL DECISIONS OF THE PARKING APPEALS COMMITTEE ARE FINAL.
Appellants will be notified by letter of the Parking
Appeals Committee's decision. Those appeals denied must be paid
at the University Cashier’s Office within seven
(7) days of the letter’s mailing date.