You are welcome to attend PAR Society meetings!
They are held every other Wednesday at 6:30 pm.
Philosophy and Religion Society
We are a club that was created at UNCW by students that is dedicated to the study of philosophy, religion and any other scholarly field. We meet bi-weekly in Bear Hall on Wednesday nights at 6:30 pm. At our meetings we discuss scholarly topics from all fields of study, help tutor one another and create a social network to help each other enjoy "college life". We also sponsor/attend debates and from time to time even show up to debates that we are not invited to. We are a fun loving laid back group of people who have a love for the difficult questions in life that are hard to face.
2014-2015 PAR Society Officers
|Event Coordinator||Steve Nunez||sdn9767|
Fall 2014 PARS Calendar
Wednesdays 6:30 in Bear 103
August 27 - Welcome back social
September 10 - Professor Debate
September 24 - Mohamed Abdelrazig, Student Speaker
October 8 - Dr. Goveurneur
October 22 - Trevor Seropian, Student Speaker
November 5 - Dr. Habibi Political Philosophy
November 19 - Steve Nunez, Student Speaker
December 3 (last day of classes) Senior sendoff
2013-2014 PAR Society Officers
|President||Sara Sweeny||sks7836 (@uncw.edu)|
The PAR Society schedule for Spring of 2014 is:
- 01/22: Welcome Back Social
- 02/05: Michael Jordan (Community Speaker) - Great Pyramid analog star clock
- 02/26: Dr. Gauthier (UNCW faculty) - Media Ethics
- 03/12: Steve Nunez (student speaker) - Illuminati, Secret Societies, Conspiracy, etc.
- 03/26: Taylor Smith (student speaker) - Spinoza, Substance Monism, Cosmological Argument, Principle of Sufficient Reason
- 04/09: Ben Stafford (student speaker) - Philosophy of Tech Advancement
- 04/30: Senior Send-off
2012-2013 PAR Society Officers
2011-2012 PAR Society Officers
|President||Dan McCluskey (on right)|
|Vice-President||Sophie Fuller (on left)|
|Communications Officer||Patrick Sullivan|
2011-2012 events included a talk by Dr. Patricia Turrisi entitled "The Rise and Fall of the Object: The denial of the passion versus the act of collecting material "stuff"" (September 12, 2011).