Bachelor of Science: PreLicensure (Nursing)
Thank you for considering the UNCW School of Nursing (SON). There are many factors that make our program exceptional:
- Job prospects and salary are high (national average starting salary is $51,500 according to payscale.com).
- NCLEX Pass Rate: 94% (3 year average 2011-2013).
- UNCW admits students earlier than most every other NC school.
We admit students both Fall and Spring and accept 50 students each semester. The Fall cohort application deadline is December 15. The Spring cohort application deadline is July 1.
Prospective Student Resources:
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- BSN Advising Calendar
The application for admissions into the Spring 2017 class has closed. The application for the Fall 2017 class will be available on November 15, 2016.
- Admissions Info (PDF)
- TEAS Test Preparation: Version 6 (external link)
TEAS Test Breakdown: Version 6 (external link)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- NC Community College Course Equivalents (PDF)
- Simulation Learning Center Photographs and Video (external link)
- Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
- Visit our Pre-Nursing Students Facebook page:
The School of Nursing offers over 50 scholarships to SON students. All prospective and accepted SON students are encouraged to fill out their FAFSA and the UNCW Scholarship Application in mySeaport to be eligible to receive an award from the university or SON.
Other scholarship opportunities outside of UNCW (external links):
- 2016 ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
- Navy Nurse Corps Scholarship (PDF)
- Forgiveable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
- Global Health Nursing Scholarship
- Yolanda Norwood Memorial Scholarship
- North Carolina Community Foundation Scholarships
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- Winston-Salem Foundation Scholarships
- Colon Furr Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- North Carolina Nursing Association Southeast Region Scholarship (PDF)
- F.A. Davis Scholarship
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship