Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is a practice-focused doctoral degree earned by advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs). The DNP serves as a clinical leader in transforming care of the individual, the community, and the healthcare system. UNCW's DNP is a 36 credit hour program that can be completed in as few as five semesters. We also offer you the opportunity to specialize in nursing education, transculttural nursing, nuse executive leadership, or technology and informatics.
This program is pending approval by SACSCOC.
Admission Process (PDF)
- Admission Requirements (PDF)
- Demographic Form (PDF)
- Essay Instructions (PDF)
- Criminal Background Check and 12 Panel Drug Screen (PDF)
- Interview Information (PDF)
Program of Study
Scholarships and Financial Aid:
The School of Nursing (SON) offers many scholarships to SON students. All prospective and accepted SON students are encouraged to fill our their FAFSA and the UNCW Scholarship Application in mySeaport to be eligible to receive an award from the University or SON.
- 2016 ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
- North Carolina Foundation for Nursing (external link)
- Forgivable Education Loans for Service (external link)
- Additional financial aid information (PDF)
- Additional scholarship and funding information (PDF)