For Parents: Helping your student transition to UNCW
The UNCW case management model supports the university’s goal of creating a powerful learning environment which promotes the cognitive, affective, physical and social development of the student learner. Case management encourages interdisciplinary communication among university constituents to help create an environment where students are provided access and referral to resources designed to optimize their success. Case management balances the safety and security of the campus community while meeting the needs of the individual student. Behavioral intervention strategies are a key component of the case management process.
- To serve as a resource for the University community in addressing student behavior that necessitates multiple responses with the UNCW community;
- To balance the educational needs of the student with the interests of the greater community;
- To identify frameworks for effectively addressing student behaviors that may negatively impact the university; and
- To serve as a resource for faculty, staff and students so that student issues are comprehensively being addressed.
- Student Behavioral Intervention Form
- Counseling Center
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- University Police
Office of the Dean of Students
Fisher University Union, Suite 2017