The Office of the Dean of Students will be closed on July 24, 2014, for a staff retreat. If you have a crisis or emergency, please contact University Police at (910) 962-2222. We will return to the office at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, July 25, 2014.
The Office of the Dean of Students is committed to advocacy and education centered on student growth and self-responsibility by serving as a central resource for UNCW students, faculty and staff. Through collaboration with the university and Wilmington community, we provide assistance to members of the UNCW community by:
- Educating students about their rights and responsibilities as members of our community;
- Assisting students, faculty and staff with interpretation of campus policies, including the Code of Student Life and the Student Academic Honor Code;
- Training and educating faculty, staff and students on community standards and conflict resolution;
- Establishing grievance and conflict resolution procedures;
- Referring students to a myriad of resources to increase the likelihood of their success;
- Assisting in the coordination of 24 hour emergency and crisis response; and
- Providing resources and education for special populations including fraternity & sorority life members; off campus and non-traditional students; graduate students; and military and veteran students.
Our goal is to foster a respectful and dynamic community that affirms the value and contributions of each individual, and which harbors and elevates democracy, civility, and diversity as paramount values.
Summer Office Hours:
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
7:30 am - 11:30 am
Fisher University Union, Suite 2013
find us on the campus map
UNCW Office of the Dean of Students
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5941