Sea Angels: Girls Only Ages 7-9
Must have completed first grade and turn 7 by June 1st
Join MarineQuest on an adventure to discover some of the heavenly creatures that inhabit the sea. Investigate the world of plankton. Discover what kind of organisms different zooplankton grow up to be. Try your hand at scientific illustration as you draw beautiful diatoms, the jewels of the sea. You'll be dazzled by the tiny star-like twinkling of bioluminescent plankton. Learn about the impacts of ocean acidification on creatures such as Sea Angels. Search for angel wing seashells on local beaches. Study some of your favorite cherubs, baby sea turtles. Learn about their life cycles and how you can become one of their guardian angels. Earn your wings this summer with Sea Angels camp.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, coquina rocky outcrop, Center for Marine Science, NC Aquarium and more....
- Go seining, dip netting and fishing; go snorkeling in shallow sea grass beds; learn microscope skills; get swallowed up by a life size Right Whale!
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Friday pick-up/final presentation at 12:00 p.m.
Staff / Student Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear Early College|
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest