If you have questions or inquiries regarding any MarineQuest scholarship you may contact the MarineQuest office via email only.
No phone inquiries for scholarship information. Phone inquiries regarding scholarships will not receive a response.
MarineQuest 2015 Scholarship Information
Through the generosity of area donors UNCW Youth Programs and MarineQuest are able to offer a limited number of full need-based scholarships. To determine if you qualify for one of our scholarships please read the information below.
2015 Need-Based Scholarships
A limited number of MarineQuest need-based scholarships are available for attendance in commuter programs only1 (daily drop-off and pick-up). To qualify, the camper must be 1) a citizen of the United States; or be a U.S. lawful permanent resident (or have applied for permanent residence, the application for which has not been denied) and intend to become a U.S. citizen at the earliest opportunity allowed by law 2) a North Carolina state resident and 3) able to demonstrate financial need (or at risk status) by one of the following means:
- A letter from your school system verifying the camper’s participation in a free or reduced lunch program
- Proof of housing assistance through HUD
- Proof of food stamp assistance
- Health coverage through Medicaid state agency
- A letter from your teacher or guidance counselor classifying student as an “at-risk youth”
If you meet all of the above required qualifications and would like to be considered for a need-based commuter camp scholarship, please send the following information to email@example.com (no phone inquiries, please) to be put on our Summer 2015 Scholarship Wait-list2:
- Child's full name and birth date, along with legal parent's or guardian's name
- Email address and phone number where they can be reached
- Camp they wish to attend and weeks they are available to attend
Once a camper is on the wait-list:
- Camper information will be kept in our scholarship database.
- Ten days prior to any camp start date we will determine the number of scholarship slots available (if any) and contact applicants on a first come first serve basis as listed in the database3.
- If selected for a scholarship participant must immediately enroll and follow all registration instructions provided to them at the time of selection. Failure to follow proper enrollment/registration instructions may result in loss of scholarship slot.
Please note that all communication regarding scholarships will take place via email, fax or U.S. Mail service ONLY. No phone calls will be returned (phone inquiries may result in the camper being prohibited from the scholarship consideration).
1Residential, leadership academy, scuba diving, and surfing based programs do not qualify for these scholarships
2This wait-list is not a guarantee of a secured slot in any MarineQuest camp.
3First come first serve is limited to one child per family. Requests for additional children within the same family will be considered only after all other requests are filled if an open slot still remains.
MarineQuest encourages you to explore external scholarship options which may assist in tuition fees for our wonderful programs. Below are links to some of these scholarships which are not associated or affiliated with MarineQuest:
Beneath The Sea (Scholarship)
*if you know of another scholarship we should list here please email the information to MarineQuest@uncw.edu.