Apply for Shore Shots
Summer Confirmation Packet
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
MarineQuest Code of Conduct | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Shore shots Brochure
Shore Shots | PDF
Shore Shot Small Group PSA Summer 2011 | You Tube Link
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Shore Shots: Ages 12-16
Must have completed 6th grade and turn 12 by June 1st
Are you a fan of Animal Planet, National Geographic or the Discovery Channel? Ever considered a career as a photojournalist? Want to help promote protection of the ocean? If you said yes to any of these questions then this camp for aspiring videographers is for you! Explore marine habitats and document environmental topics related to them using digital photography, video recordings and underwater images to create your own public service announcement that will move your audience to appreciate and protect our coastal environment. Debut your PSA as well as your other photographic work at the Friday premiere.
New to summer 2014: extended program days to provide even more exploration, documentation, and processing opportunities!
Field excursions include:
- Trips to a variety of marine habitats, Center for Marine Science, Sea Turtle Hospital, and bird sanctuary.
- Explore different marine habitats and observe human impacts on these special places; go kayaking, snorkeling, and wading; take a boat ride to experience a natural undeveloped barrier island, learn how to create a storyboard, develop your editing skills and make a public service announcement.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Friday - Thursday (7 day program)|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. pick-up on Thurs. is at 1:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Summer 2014 Dates:||
June 27 - July 3
|Residential students must arrive on Friday at 3 p.m. while commuting students join the program Saturday at 8 a.m.|
Tuition payment plan information will be made available when registration opens.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
2014 Summer application coming soon!
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest