Sea Dawgs: Boys Only Ages 5-7
Must at least be enrolled in Kindergarten for fall and turn 5 by June 1st
Ahoy, Matey! Join us for a fun-filled week of masculine mayhem at the beach as we explore some of the legendary sailors of the seven seas. Discover crabby crustaceans, ornery oysters, stinky sea worms and other nasty critters that inhabit our coastal environment. Learn about NC's whaling history and get swallowed up by all the fun - just make sure you don't end up in Davy Jones Locker!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, and NC Aquarium; featured species is the Right Whale.
- Each day observe marine organisms up close and personal and learn how to identify whales and dolphins; explore coastal habitats; conduct hands-on science experiments; go seining, dip netting, and fishing; Enjoy story-time featuring Whale; make arts & crafts - including a whaler's spyglass and a model of a deep sea worm, visit Watson the Whale.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Friday pick-up/final presentation at 11:30 a.m.
Staff / Student Ratio:
UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear Early College
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
Session 1: June 19-23
Session 2: July 10-14
Session 3: July 24-28
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest