By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring / Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Ocean Trek Brochure
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are not provided - bring XL twin sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Ocean Trek: Ages 11-14
Must have completed 5th grade and turn 11 by June 1st
Join MarineQuest as we journey through the ocean to reveal the importance of its chemistry, geology and physics to the many biological species that inhabit our coastal waters. Ocean Trekkies will use the tools of oceanographers, meteorologists and paleontologists to analyze how the forces of nature have created the coastal habitats that we see today. Discover some of the key marine organisms living in our coastal waters and learn about the importance of sustainable fisheries from UNCW research scientists.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, coquina outcrop, Cape Fear River, fossil quarry, and Center for Marine Science.
- Half day research cruise with trawl; comparative fish dissections; kayaking; boogie board oceanography; shallow water snorkeling; study wave dynamics and build a wave energy machine; take core samples for geologic analysis; analyze water samples; monitor and interpret weather data.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday / Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. p/u on Friday is at 12:30 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - Commuter drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
Session 1: June 30 - July 5 FULL!
|Residential students must arrive on Sunday by 3 p.m. while commuting students join the program Monday at 8 a.m.|
$400, before May 1
$440, after May 1
$675, before May 1
$715, after May 1
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To apply for Ocean Trek, you must complete the MarineQuest Summer Program Application. See the links below to begin your application process.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest