Much of the software that you use on campus is now available remotely through TealWare. Learn more about TealWare.
Supported operating systems
Need equipment for a special event, or to travel with a laptop outside the US? You can check out laptops, projectors, and screens from us.
Hardware & Software
- Campus Computer Purchases (CPI, Recommended desktop systems, etc.)
- Personal Computer Purchases/ Student Computer Purchases (Discounts on Dell and Macintosh computers)
- Surplus Information (How to surplus or transfer a computer)
Standard Software on Faculty & Staff Computers
The following software comes pre-loaded on faculty and staff computers:
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2013 (if you don’t currently have Office 2013 and would like to upgrade, please contact the TAC to submit a ticket)
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection (antivirus)
- Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer + Flash, Shockwave and Java
Optional Software for Faculty & Staff Computers
We have license agreements for the following, which may include work-at-home rights or licenses for personal systems. Some are also available on TealWare (as noted). See each for complete details for accessing or obtaining the software:
- Adobe products
- Maple (available on TealWare)
- MATLAB (available on TealWare)
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Read&Write Gold
- SAS (available on TealWare)
- SPSS (available on TealWare)
Personal Software Purchases (home computers)
- Faculty and staff can purchase Microsoft Office and Windows at B1NAR1ES Tech Store for an amazing discount. More details here.
- You may also purchase software at an academic discount through the software retailer Journey Ed (non-university purchases only).
Gadgets and Devices
Laptop skins, iPod skins, ear buds, headphones, flash drives, laptop bags, Ethernet cables and more are available for purchase at B1NAR1ES Technology Store.