For University-Owned Systems
NEW! Change in Adobe Creative Suite licensing starting 3/1/15. View article here.
|Creative Suite Products||Other Products||
Creative Suite Bundles
|After Effects||Acrobat||CS6 Design Standard|
|Audition||Captivate||CS6 Design & Web Premium|
|Dreamweaver||Contribute||CS6 Master Collection|
|Fireworks||ColdFusion Enterprise||CS6 Production Bundle|
|Illustrator||Font Folio||Creative Cloud for Eduction **|
|Photoshop Extended||Photoshop Lightroom|
|Premiere Pro||Premiere Elements|
** NEW! Starting March 1, 2015 all Creative Suite orders (bundles) will need to be for Creative Cloud for Education subscriptions or individual product subscriptions.
1. Determine the product(s) you wish to purchase from the chart above.
- For pricing on Adobe "Other Products" (middle column) go to this CIA vendor website: www.ciacentral.com/ncadobe/interact3.htm
- DO NOT CLICK the "www.clpsales.com" link near the top of the Web page.
- INSTEAD, click on the product(s) from the list of products in middle column to obtain pricing and information.
- For pricing on Creative Suite Products and Bundles / Creative Cloud for Education (columns 1 and 3), go to this CIA vendor website for the best pricing: www.ciacentral.com/ncadobe/uncw/creativecloud.htm
2. Using Remote Desktop allows you to access your university computer from off-campus and utilize all of the installed software. If Remote Desktop will not work for you and you need to install the software on your home computer for work purposes, you will need to order a copy of the media in addition to the license. ITS computer consultants have access to the media to install on university-owned computers only.
NOTE: Software licenses and media are the responsibility of the department to track, maintain and renew.
- Log in to uShop. From the Home page, select the Adobe button, which will open an Order Form (with instructions).
- Enter the Product Description, Catalog No., Quantity and Price into the appropriate fields. This information can be obtained from a link within the Adobe Order Form.
- To simplify ordering and tracking, add the name of the individual who will receive the software in the "Ship-To" field.
- If ordering multiple licenses you can add a Comment or Internal note in uShop, but you should also include the names of individuals receiving the software when your order confirmation is sent to the TAC (step 4).
- Submit the request in uShop.
4. Send confirmation to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name or names of the individuals receiving the software. (This should be a copy of the license certificate sent by Computer Intelligence Association CIA). If this information is not provided, the software cannot be installed. A ticket will be assigned to the building consultant to complete the install.
5. File the confirmation of purchase/license information in a safe place. It is the department’s responsibility to keep track of software licensing, and this information may be needed if the computer is re-imaged or a new computer is set up. If this information is not provided, the software may not be able to be re-installed.
NOTE: If a purchase needs to be made without using uShop, please contact Purchasing at 910-962-3158.
If you have Adobe software on your UNCW-owned computer, you may access it from off-campus using Remote Desktop (see step 2 above). If Remote Desktop will not work for your situation but you are required to use the software from home for work purposes, you will need to follow the steps outlined in step 1 (above) to also order a copy of the media for the "Work-at-Home" option of the license.