Two new state of the art DE classrooms opened in Cameron School of Business (CH #123) and the CHHS Building (McNeil #2056) during the 2013-14 academic year. In addition, we are in the process of finishing three new DE classrooms in the Education Building (EB #226, EB #337, EB #214) which will be ready for fall semester 2014. These three new classrooms bring the total number of DE classrooms in the Education building to five, all of which will be supported from one centralized control room in order to provide the most efficient and effective technical support for our faculty and students!
Our two TelePresence Classrooms (Ed Building #368 and King #203) provide state of the art, full HD and immersive conferencing environments for academic classes or meetings of any type featuring connectivity to remote participants and distance learners anywhere in the world.
Mobile / Desktop Videoconferencing:
In addition to connectivity with professional grade video conferencing solutions (e.g., TelePresence systems and traditional video conferencing classrooms/systems), our classrooms can also connect with remote participants anywhere in the world via their personal computers or other mobile devices. Our classrooms support a variety of mobile/desktop conferencing tools including WebEx, Google hangouts, Skype, Cisco Jabber, Adobe connect and more.
Live Streaming and Lecture Capture:
Each of our classrooms features Mediasite and Cisco Content Server technology. Thus, any class, meeting or event can be captured, archived and made available for live or on-demand streaming to remote participants and distance learners regardless of their location.
To schedule a class, a conference or a tour of our facilities, please contact Daniel Noonan at 910-962-3928.
Distance Education & Video Network Services
In an effort to lead in cost effective services, ITS offers the facilities, equipment and technical assistance for:
- Virtual Classroom, Video Conferencing & Mobile Collaboration Technologies: Telepresence, mobile/soft client conferencing tools (e.g., WebEx, Google Hangouts, Skype, Cisco Jabber, etc.) and traditional videoconferencing support services provided for academic classes, administrative meetings and “by request” special events.
- Lecture Capture & Live Streaming: Lectures, academic classes, administrative meetings, seminars and special events can be captured, archived and streamed live or on-demand to remote participants and distance learners anywhere in the world.
- Streaming Media Requests: Your media content (i.e., film clips, VHS, DVD's, etc.) can be uploaded and archived on our media server (TealVision). A link will be provided for you to make the content available via your faculty home page, Blackboard course shell or elsewhere.
Locations and Facilities
UNCW’s Distance Education and Video Network Services currently supports eleven Distance Education Classrooms strategically located throughout campus:
TelePresence Classrooms (photos):
Fully Integrated Distance Education Classrooms (photos):
- Cameron #123 (.JPG)
- Education Building #214 (.JPG)
- Education Building #226 (.JPG)
- Education Building #266 (.JPG)
- Education Building #337 (.JPG)
- King Hall #202 (.JPG)
- McNeil #2056 (.JPG)
- Randall Library #2005 (.JPG)
- Teaching Lab Building #1053 (.JPG)
Parking and Hours of Operation
- For Randall Library room #2005 and King Hall rooms #202 or #203, please park in visitor lots "D" or "M."
- For Education Building rooms #266, #368 and Teaching Lab Building #1053, please park in the parking deck (Additional parking information).
- Hours of operation: Weekdays 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. and weekends by request
- Campus Map for your convenience
UNCW’s Distance Education and Video Network Services is an original member of the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN). Our network affiliation with NCREN provides the UNCW community with access to a full suite of virtual classroom, videoconferencing, Web conferencing, satellite, streaming media and real-time collaboration and communication connectivity to public, private and non-profit institutions and organizations located throughout the world.