Created by Apple, iTunes U runs on the iTunes interface and is designed to provide content delivery for institutions of higher education worldwide. Virtually any course content can be displayed on the iTunes U site for faculty, staff and students to download and access from any Internet-connected computer (PC or Mac) running the iTunes application.
Why iTunes U?
The technology behind iTunes U is very intuitive and user-friendly. Also, iTunes U runs on the iTunes application which means that any type of content can be viewed on a Mac, PC or iPod.
- Easily configure and update content areas with an intuitive interface
- Access restrictions can keep course content protected or make other materials available to the public
- Access can be limited to the instructor and students in a particular course
- Access can be given to all UNCW faculty, staff & students
- Access can be given to the public
- Move the class outside the classroom and provide content that exceeds standard course materials
- Allow students to learn on their own schedule
- Reach the entire institution with a few mouse clicks
iTunes U is just a few clicks away. Login to mySeaport (http://mySeaport.uncw.edu) and click on the Academics tab at the top of the page. iTunes U is located in the Quick Links section on the left side of the page.
Questions or Problems? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).