department organization Chart
265 Hoggard Hall
Campus Box 5636
Classroom & Computer Technology Services
The Department of Classroom & Computer Technology Services was formed in May 2011 to support the academic mission of the university by providing technical support for classroom, lab and other university-owned computer systems. The department offers innovative solutions in classroom technology support and services, technology consulting, hardware and software deployment and special events support.
Specifically, this department:
- Responds to classroom computing emergencies to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Maintains and upgrades CTAP
(Classroom Technology Assistance Plan)
- Delivers classroom training (basic troubleshooting, clickers, lecture/capture systems, etc.).
- Is responsible for the processing of SPOTs (Student Perception of Teaching) as well as exam scanning.
- Provides technical support, services and consulting (including hardware and software installation, troubleshooting, computer recommendations, AV infrastructure, TealWare deployment, etc.).
- Provides Special Event services (lighting, sound and video).
- Coordinates the lifecycle distribution process.