Welcome to Exchange/Study Abroad @ UNCW!
- Student name
- E-mail address
- *Field of study
- Number of semesters at UNCW (1 or 2):
(*Please be specific - "Broadcast Journalism" rather than "Arts and Sciences", or "Health Education" rather than "Education." This helps UNCW identify if our university is an appropriate exchange location for your student's needs.)
Once student is nominated, the student will receive an e-mail requesting the supporting documents.
Nominated students (or their study abroad advisers) should submit the following supporting documents via e-mail to to the UNCW Exchange/Study Abroad Coordinator.
- Digital photo showing student's head & shoulders
- Passport biographical page
- Transcript (in English)
- Include a separate list of courses in progress if they are not included on the transcript
- English proficiency test score (if from a non-English speaking country):
- TOEFL score: minimum score of 71 ibt, 197 cbt, or 525 pbt.
- IELTS score: 6.0 on the academic module
- Alternatives accepted if English is the primary language of instruction: Please contact the UNCW Exchange/Study Abroad Coordinator if you have any questions about acceptable alternatives for your university.
- Proof of Financial Support
- Exchange students, living expenses only - $9000 per semester
- Study Abroad students, living expenses and tuition - $19,720 per semester
- bank statement or letter in English, no older than 6 months
- If the funds are not in the student's name, the financial sponsor must also provide a letter that indicates he/she will sponsor the student, sample letter
- SeaLevel Application - Once students have submitted all required supporting documents, students will be sent a link and password for the UNCW Online application.
- UNCW Exchange Student Pre-Registration Assistance (Electronic Form) - Your UNCW advisor will use your "wish list" to register you for courses. SeaNet, select "Detailed Class Schedule", then choose the upcoming term (Fall 2017). Choose the subject you are searching for in the "Subject:" box. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Class Search.' To complete the Pre-Registration form, you will be required to use your unique login and password sent to you by email. You will be able login and update your pre-registration requests until March 15th.
|Fall 2017||August 8 - December 8, 2017*||March 1st, 2017|
|Spring 2018||January 3 - May 3, 2018*||October 2, 2017|
*Calendar dates have not yet been finalized.
Fall 2017 Important Semester Dates
|March 1||Last day to apply|
|~March 15||UNCW acceptance packets mailed|
|~March 15||SEVIS number (immigration number) sent to students via email. Students may use the number to start their visa application while waiting for the paper immigration document to arrive at their university.|
|March 15||Last day to modify your course requests using the Registration Assistance Form.|
|March 16 - 31||Your UNCW exchange advisor contacts UNCW professors to request permission for you to enroll in your requested courses.|
|~April 1 - May 1||Your UNCW exchange advisor registers 70+ incoming exchange students for courses.|
|~May 2||Students notified of their UNCW courses.|
|July 17||First day students with an August 16 start date (as listed on their DS-2019) may enter the U.S.|
|August 12||Recommended arrival date, UNCW residence halls open (Wilmington, NC airport - ILM).|
|August 13-14||International Student Orientation|
|August 16||Classes Begin.|
|September 4||Labor Day. state holiday; no classes.|
|October 5 - 6||Fall break, no classes. International student residence halls stay open during break.|
|November 22-24||Thanksgiving break; no classes.|
|November 30||Last day of classes|
|December 2 - 8||Final Exams|
|December 9||Residence halls close. All single semester students must move out of on-campus housing by this day.|
|January 7, 2018||Last day students with a December 9, 2017 program end date (as listed on their DS-2019) may be in the U.S.|
|Tuition & Fees (study abroad direct enrollment only)||$10,720|
|Housing Application Fee||$105|
|Food (either on-campus dining or preparing your own)||$1850|
|Health Insurance||$1111 (can be cheaper if you provide your own insurance)|
|Books & Supplies||$330 (varies by person)|
|Miscellaneous||$1950 (varies by person)|
|Total||$19720 (study abroad students)|
|Total||$9000 (exchange students)|