uncw office of
We are located in:
118 Friday Annex
Our mailing address is:
Office of International Programs
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403-5965
You may also contact us by:
Bringing the World to UNCW
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) advises university departments and units on procedures related to the hiring of foreign national employees and the hosting of international visitors on campus. ISSS files petitions with the Department of Labor, Department of State and U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services to sponsor international faculty, staff and visitors for J-1, H-1 and lawful permanent resident status.
When considering hiring or hosting a foreign national, departments should contact Jennifer Fernandez-Villa, Director of International Student & Scholar Services, as early as possible to discuss visa options and procedures.
The various visa options UNCW utilizes are explained on this chart along with detailed information on each visa option below.
- Hiring international students for on-campus employment
- Human Resources (I-9s, E-Verify, background checks, hiring protocols)
- Payroll (taxation, IRS forms, withholdings, tax treaties)
- Glossary of immigration terms (External Link)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (External Link)
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions (External Link)
- Current USCIS Processing Times (External Link)
- USCIS Case Status Check
- DoS Visa Bulletin
- DoS Visa Wait Times
- IRS website for International Students & Scholars