Alumni and Friends
The Department of History is privileged to have many loyal alumni and generous friends.
- Thanks to you, we are able to offer over a dozen scholarships and prizes to current undergraduate and graduate students. Thanks to you, we host the Sherman Emerging Scholar Lectureship each October.
- Thanks to you, our students are able to work with the Block Distinguished Professor of Jewish History.
- Thanks to you, our region enjoys programs through the Rhine Family Endowment for Jewish History.
- Thanks to you, our faculty members are able to advance important and intriguing research on everything from famine in China to chickens in Georgia.
- Thanks to you, undergraduate students have conducted research at repositories across North Carolina and graduate students have enjoyed a week at the National Archives.
- Thanks to you, public history students have served in paid internships with regional preservation organizations and have created virtual and real museum exhibits with the latest equipment.
All of this has been made possible through your gifts to special endowments and to the History Trust Fund. We are grateful to all of you for your gifts, your news and your support of every kind. Whenever you are near Morton Hall stop in and say hello.
Please send your news to: Tammie Grady