Front Desk Office Assistant
Front Desk Office Assistant Position Description
The Front Desk Office Assistant is a part-time staff member based out of the Office of Housing and Residence Life. The Front Desk Office Assistant holds an hourly appointment to provide loaner keys to residents, serve as a role model to UNCW, provide customer service as a representative of the Office of Housing and Residence Life and assist with daily administrative tasks established by professional HRL staff.
Summer/Fall 2017 -
Online Application Available Is No Longer Available
For consideration for a summer or fall position all application components must be submitted by April 21, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; therefore, interviews may be scheduled prior to closing date.
- Student staff members are required to have and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Housing and Residence Life Office Assistants must be in good conduct standing with the university.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be committed to successful teamwork with the entire Housing & Residence Life staff.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under time constraints or with a schedule.
- Must be dependable, absences from a scheduled shift must be requested in advance with the exception of illness or emergencies.
- Provide customer service to students, parents and staff in the Office of Housing & Residence Life which may include but is not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Freshman Orientation/Seahawk Saturday/Move-In Day
- Seasonal Mailings
- General office duties as assigned
- Key Runner duties which include meeting residents at the front desk of the respective building and follow proper procedures to verify the resident's identity and check out the appropriate resident key.
- Assist Assignments Coordinators as needed with the assignments process and entering student information into database.
- Applicant is expected to maintain confidentiality in regards to information about employees, information received from other staff members, or information discussed as staff.
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain a high level of customer service. As a representative of the Office of Housing & Residence Life and UNCW, the Front Desk Office Assistant is expected to be a positive role model at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Front Desk Supervisor and Office Staff.
- Front Desk Office Assistant starts at $7.25 an hour with potential to increase with continued employment.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equal educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status or relationship to other university constituents - except where sex, age or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for state-funded employee benefit programs. Questions regarding program access may be directed to the Compliance Officer, UNCW Chancellor's Office, 910.962.3000, Fax 910.962.3483. UNCW residence halls allow all students the opportunity to become actively involved in campus life. The Office of Housing and Residence Life provides a variety of programs and activities in and around the residence halls to enhance students' total educational experience. All of the residence halls are accessible in that they have elevators and adapted restrooms. Further, entrances to all buildings are either ramp-accessible or located on the ground floor. The first floor of each residence hall has all the services that are available on higher-level floors to allow students with disabilities equal access to services. The Suites and University Apartments have some first-floor units that have been designed to accommodate students with disabilities. For further information, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (910) 962-3241.