About Adventure Recreation:The Adventure Recreation Learning Community is aimed to promote a positive,
productive, and healthy transition to UNCW.
Through the reading of both fiction and non-fiction texts and related group
excursions, students will connect mind, body and nature through
literature, wellness, and adventure.
Embark on new experiences while establishing close relationships with faculty
and students through kayaking, paddle-boarding, hiking, camping and climbing.
- Organized excursions supervised through Seahawk Adventures
- Opportunity to establish close connections with faculty and students through small class size (20 students) and out-of-class experiences
- Opportunity to seek new adventures and learn or increase knowledge and skill in various activities
- Completion of three University Studies requirements (8 credits) that can be applied to any UNCW major
- Application of classroom learning to outdoor adventure!
If you think the Adventure Recreation and Leadership Learning Community would be a great learning experience for you during your first-semester at UNCW, we encourage you to complete the common application for all First-Year Experience Communities here.
Due to the high demand of the learning communities, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For additional information or if you have any questions please contact the academic component, Rebecca Stultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or the adventure component, Sarah Gilbert at email@example.com.