There are many benefits to being in Honors. Chief among them are:
- Enriched Academic Experience: Honors sections of university studies courses have a maximum enrollment of 20 students to allow for more one on one engagement with the material, applied learning, and interaction with professors. Honors interdisciplinary and experiential/enrichment seminars encourage students to study a variety of scholarly topics through challenging and provocative pedagogy.
- Honors Scholars have the privilege of priority registration, meaning they are able to sign up for classes before most other students.
- Community: As a first year Honors Scholar, you live in Honors Housing. This is a living and learning community - living in the same residence hall encourages engaged interaction and supports academic success.
- As second year honors students you have the opportunity to live in a reserved honors section of "Seahawk Crossing".
- You will have the same classes as many of your fellow Honors Scholars.
- You will also be assigned an Honors Mentor to help facilitate your success during you first year at the university.
- Honors Scholars are encouraged to participate in cultural events at UNCW and in the Wilmington community. As an honors student, you will have access to free tickets for cultural events on campus and in the Wilmington area.
- We encourage you to attend Honors conferences in the state and region, and offer support for this.
- Honors offers study abroad opportunities.
- And much, much more!