If you are currently a high school senior, follow these steps to ensure a complete application:
- Complete the UNCW Undergraduate Admissions Application using the online system. While you may apply to Honors at any time, we cannot act on your application until the Office of Admissions has made its decision.
- Ask a teacher who has taught you in an honors level course to write a letter of recomendation for you.
- Create your resume.
- Fill out the online application or the paper application to the Honors College.
- If you chose the media piece as one of your essay answers, include that with your application
- Place all the materials in ONE package and mail to the Honors College at UNCW.
* The Honors College will obtain your test scores (SAT, ACT) and transcript from the UNCW Office of Admissions. There is no need to send a duplicate copy to the Honors College.
Notes About the Honors College Application Process
The online application must be completed once it is started, it cannot be saved and returned to. Be prepared to respond to the following on the online application:
Why have you decided to apply to the UNCW Honors College? What do you hope to gain from participation in it? What do you hope to contribute to it?
You cannot check your Honors College application status online. If you are uncertain about the status of your application, please contact the Honors College at 910-962-4181 or email@example.com
The Honors College will e-mail periodic reminders to applicants who are missing components of their applications.
Once your complete Honors application is received, the Honors College review team will assess all of your materials. You can expect a letter in the mail indicating your Honors College application decision. The Honors College decision letter and the UNCW decision letter are mailed separately. Letters are mailed beginning in early December and continue through the spring and summer semesters.
Current First Semester and Rising Sophomore UNCW Applicants
We encourage students who are currently at UNCW to apply to the Honors College. Fill out the online application or the paper application described above and be sure to select the appropriate status for your year in school. The only difference for you in the application process is that we ask that you obtain your letter of recommendation from a professor who has instructed you here at UNCW. Once your grades post for the semester in which you are applying, we will then be able to make an admissions decision for honors.
We encourage students transferring to UNCW to apply to the Honors College. Fill out the online application or the paper application described above and be sure to select "transfer applicant". We ask that you obtain a letter of recomendation from a professor who has instructed you at your previous university or college. Once UNCW acts on your UNCW application, we receive your completed application to Honors, and we receive complete copies of your transcript from your previous school, we will then be able to make an admissions decision for honors.