Master of Science (MS) in
Offered as Main Campus
Goal of Program:
The graduate programs in biology are designed (1) to prepare students for further graduate work leading to a Ph.D.; (2) to provide professional biologists with advanced research and educational opportunities; (3) to prepare students as managers of coastal and marine resources, trained to deal with contemporary problems in the environment; and (4) to provide students with a broad-based graduate program allowing for specialization in the diverse fields of inquiry represented by the faculty of the department.
- Students will learn advanced topics in:
- Cellular and Molecular Biology,
- Evolutionary Biology,
- Ecology, and
- Placement rate for graduates in Ph.D. programs and jobs in the field has been 92.4% .
- Presently, all of our students who are not classified as North Carolina residents receive a 6-8 credit hour out-of-state tuition remission or grant that pays the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition. Out-of-state tuition remissions are competitive.
- Graduate students serve vital roles as teaching assistants for numerous undergraduate laboratory sections. .
- Undergrads in biology or marine biology
- Undergrads desiring a Masters in Biology (while it is not mandatory to have a degree in biology, an extensive background in the biological sciences is required)
- Students desiring education in advanced training and research experience in the biology sub-disciplines as they apply to marine organisms or ecosystems.
- Audit/Tax, or
- Audit/Accounting Information Systems
|Instruction Method||Classroom / Independent Research|
|Intended Time to Degree||2 years|
|Required Credit Hours||30 hrs|