Students who are withdrawing from a term and plan to return in a subsequent, or students who are planning to not be enrolled for a future term should complete a leave of absence form.

If a graduate student requests, and is granted a leave of absence, the student must return in the term specified on the leave of absence form. If a student fails to return in the agreed upon term, then he/she must reapply for admission. During a leave of absence, students will not be able to use university resources.

Submit Forms to:



Wanda Underwood


Hardcopy (hand deliver or mail):


UNCW-Graduate School

601 S. College Rd.

Wilmington, NC 28403-5955




UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  D. Childers [ childersd AT uncw DOT edu ]