Chapter President Info
IFC is the local governing body for social fraternities that are members of the North American Interfraternity Conference. The purpose of the IFC is to promote scholarship, leadership, service, and recruitment among member organizations.
Interfraternity Council Meeting
- There are 13 IFC fraternities at UNCW- 12 chapters, 1 colony
- The first national fraternity at UNCW was Pi Kappa Phi chartered in 1968
- In the Fall 2014 semester Chi Phi returned to UNCW and is currently a colony
PLEASE NOTE: The fraternities listed below have recently been active at UNCW, but are no longer recognized by the University or their National Organization. They should not be recruiting on campus and are no longer under the supervision of the University.
Earliest Point of Reinstatement
|Sigma Alpha Epsilon||Suspended||May 2015|
|Sigma Nu||Suspended||December 2015|
NPHC is the umbrella organization for the nine chapters who are affiliated with the National Pan-Hellenic Council. This Organization is composed of historically African American Greek-letter organizations that require scholastic success and promote the "service for life" philosophy.
National Pan-Hellenic Council Meeting
NPHC meets on Tuesdays at 7pm in the Saffo Room in the Fisher Student Center
- Currently there are 4 active NPHC chapters at UNCW
- The term "Divine Nine" refers to the 9 organizations that are members of the National Pan-Hellenic Council
Iota Phi Theta is the only NPHC organization that has not had a chapter at UNCW
PHC is the governing body for the social sororities that are members of the National Panhellenic Conference. The purpose of the PHC is to foster interfraternity relationships and to promote high scholastic and social standards.
Panhellenic Council Meeting
Panhellenic meets on Wednesdays at 5pm in Cameron 110
- There are 9 Panhellenic sororities at UNCW
- The first national sorority at UNCW was Phi Mu chartered in 1968
- UNCW will welcome Kappa Delta in Spring 2016 and Delta Gamma in Spring 2018
The following groups are special interest fraternities and sororities on campus that uphold the standards for bettering fraternity life. These organizations are active member of the UNCW Fraternity and Sorority Community and all are affiliated with a national governing body.