Fraternity and Sorority Life Quick Facts
- About 1635 students involved in fraternities and sororities: 13.2% of undergraduate population
- 27 chapters, 1 colony on campus: includes 15 Fraternities and 13 Sororities
- (Panhellenic) Kappa Delta will be joining our community in Spring 2016 and Delta Gamma in Spring 2018
- Over 27,000 hours of community service donated last year by members
- Over $80,000 raised for local and national philanthropic organizations by chapters
About Fraternity and Sorority Life
Since the early 60's Fraternity and Sorority Life has been an active part of UNCW student life. Beginning with a few members in a couple local organizations, our community has grown to consist of about 1635 members in 28 unique fraternities and sororities totaling about 13.2% of the undergraduate population.
Our members hold active and prominent roles within many student organizations on campus, participate in both NCAA and club level athletics, and donate countless numbers of hours and goods to local and national charitable groups. Our organizations also take pride in being academic leaders on campus by consistently posting a higher average GPA than the average undergraduate student and have members be valedictorians of their colleges.
In order to maintain this high level of achievement by our organizations and to help continue to set the bar on-campus, The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement has developed an accreditation program (see forms). Here, fraternities and sororities can improve the management and quality of their organizations at UNCW. The program is designed as a 'self-evaluation' to allow our members to see where growth is needed. This program also allows the university to recognize those groups that achieve excellence through their commitment to their values.