Current Semester Course applications and information
Course Applications for current semester
List of forms, applications and resources for students who are filming now or in the future Production Forms
UNCW One Card
Many academic and administrative buildings, as well as residence halls and most labs on campus, are equipped with card reader access.
Most university film programs segregate cinema study and motion picture production. What distinguishes Film Studies at UNCW is the belief that a comprehensive knowledge of film history, theory, and analysis enriches the creative filmmaking process, and that film scholarship benefits from an understanding of how filmmakers conceive, develop, and realize their vision.
- Film Studies majors perform substantial work in both critical studies and film production.
- Film Studies majors produce over 100 motion pictures each year in every creative filmmaking mode: narrative, documentary, experimental, and animation.
- Film Studies majors edit the internationally distributed journal Film Matters.
- Film Studies majors plan, curate, present and host Visions, an annual international film festival and conference.
- Film Studies majors curate, introduce, and write program notes for FST sponsored film events, including the Exclusif New French Film Festival.
- Film Studies majors participate in film production and publishing internships in Wilmington, New York, Los Angeles, and Great Britain.