If you're looking for someone in the department, here is a good place to start. The Provost heads up this flow chart, and the lecturers of office staff round it out. Click here.
Can't find the internship coordinator? Want to call the chairman? All the details are here.
English Department policies
Find here all the information you need on Administration, Evaluation, Hiring, Mentoring and Teaching. Click here.
Get into Sharepoint by logging in here.
Who's in their office and when? All the details are here.
Morton Hall 158
Ph. D., Indiana University
M.A., Colorado State University
B.A., Colorado State University
Keith Newlin teaches courses in American literary realism and naturalism, early American modernism, and American drama. He is the past president of the International Theodore Dreiser Society and the Hamlin Garland Society and is the co-editor of Studies in American Naturalism.
ENG 205: Approaches to the Study of Literature
ENG 351: American Realism
ENG 362: Studies in the Novel
ENG 365: Studies in Drama
ENG 495: Senior Seminar (Ernest Hemingway; Jack London; Mark Twain)
ENG 514: Studies in Drama: O’Neill and Experimental Theater
ENG 561: Topics in American Literature (Journalism and Fiction; American Literary Naturalism; The New Woman and Social Change)
- The Oxford Handbook of American Literary Naturalism. Ed. and introduction Keith Newlin. New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- A Summer to Be, A Memoir by the Daughter of Hamlin Garland, by Isabel Garland Lord. Ed. Keith Newlin. Foreword by Victoria Doyle-Jones. Lincoln: U of Nebraska P, 2010.
- Hamlin Garland, A Life. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2008.
- A Theodore Dreiser Encyclopedia. Ed. and Introduction Keith Newlin. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2003.
- The Collected Plays of Theodore Dreiser. Ed. Keith Newlin and Frederic E. Rusch. Albany, NY: Whitston, 2000.
- Selected Letters of Hamlin Garland. Ed. Keith Newlin and Joseph B. McCullough. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1998.