Morton Hall 131
Ph. D., Indiana University
M.A., Colorado State University
B.A., Colorado State University
Keith Newlin teaches courses in American literary realism and naturalism, early American modernism, and American drama. He is the past president of the International Theodore Dreiser Society and the Hamlin Garland Society and is the co-editor of Studies in American Naturalism.
ENG 205: Approaches to the Study of Literature
ENG 351: American Realism
ENG 362: Studies in the Novel
ENG 365: Studies in Drama
ENG 495: Senior Seminar (Ernest Hemingway; Jack London; Mark Twain)
ENG 514: Studies in Drama: O'Neill and Experimental Theater
ENG 561: Topics in American Literature (Journalism and Fiction; American Literary Naturalism; The New Woman and Social Change)
Garland in His Own Time: A Biographical Chronicle of His Life, Drawn from Recollections, Interviews, and Memoirs by Family, Friends, and Associates. Edited by Keith Newlin. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 2013.
- The Oxford Handbook of American Literary Naturalism. Ed. and introduction Keith Newlin. New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- A Summer to Be, A Memoir by the Daughter of Hamlin Garland, by Isabel Garland Lord. Ed. Keith Newlin. Foreword by Victoria Doyle-Jones. Lincoln: U of Nebraska P, 2010.
- Hamlin Garland, A Life. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2008.
- A Theodore Dreiser Encyclopedia. Ed. and Introduction Keith Newlin. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2003.
- The Collected Plays of Theodore Dreiser. Ed. Keith Newlin and Frederic E. Rusch. Albany, NY: Whitston, 2000.
- Selected Letters of Hamlin Garland. Ed. Keith Newlin and Joseph B. McCullough. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1998.