ESL Admission Requirements
Students accepted into Watson College of Education or who plan to apply to Watson College of Education do not need to submit a separate application
In the latter case, students who plan to pursue a regular teaching license in English or a Foreign Language should apply to WCE through the licensure-only program within the Foreign Language or English Department in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Applicants not currently enrolled at UNCW
People interested in the TESL add-on licensure who are not currently enrolled at UNCW can apply to the program as special students.
Applicants who wish to enroll in the undergraduate track should apply to undergraduate admissions, supplying the following information.
- Application to UNCW as a special undergraduate
- Submission of undergraduate transcripts
- Proof of a current teaching license
Graduate applicants do NOT have to take any tests (GRE, MAT, etc.). The following information should be submitted to the Graduate admissions office.
- Application to UNCW as a non-degree seeking Graduate student
- Submission of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
of a current teaching license