All applications are reviewed by program faculty members, who utilize a holistic review process. This means that we consider all submitted documents when making admissions decisions. If you have supplemental materials that you would like us to consider, you should also upload those with your application. Supplemental materials are strongly encouraged when applicants have noted deficiencies (e.g., GPA, limited experience in field).
The following materials are required (see Graduate School Website):
- Official copies of transcripts from each institution you have attended that confirm an undergraduate grade average of "B" (GPA = 3.0) or better. Applications with less than a 3.0 will be considered, but applicants should address any deficiencies in academic coursework in a supplemental letter or essay.
- Three recommendations from individuals who can attest to the qualifications of the applicant for admission to this program. At least one recommendation from a faculty member who can speak to your ability to perform well at the graduate level is strongly encouraged. Other references should be professional, if possible.
- Each application must include an essay that identifies a current issue in higher education and discusses potential ways in which the issue can or should be addressed by leaders in the field. Where possible, candidates should discuss how their career goals align with their interest in addressing this issue.
Additional supplemental materials encouraged:
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Letter or essay that explains any notable deficiencies in the application.
Please visit the Graduate School’s Website for Application Deadlines