News & Announcements
Search for Classes at this Seanet link. (Select a semester and “EDL,” for example).
CIS Praxis Update: The new test is # 0411/5411 (scores of 145 needed) which replaces the old 0410 test (590 score needed). For further information about our tests, please visit the University testing services link.
The CIS M.Ed. and add-on licensure programs can be completed entirely online.
Did you know that if you are Nationally Board Certified it can count as 3 credits toward your Masters in CIS?
An add on licensure in CIS can be achieved in as few as 4 to 6 classes!
Welcome to the
Master of Education
Curriculum/Instruction Supervision Website
The program in Curriculum/Instruction Supervision is designed to provide advanced study to prepare graduates to be effective school and district level curriculum and instructional leaders, and is appropriate for classroom teachers, building administrators, teacher educators, and other personnel who play a supervisory role in the professional development of others.
Graduates of the CIS Program will:
- Be reflective practitioners.
- Integrate social justice principles into practice.
- Investigate, refine and integrate global education in their practice.
- Use critical thinking, appropriate technology and problem solving skills to foster creativity and innovation.
- Assess and discern effective application of curriculum models, instructional practices and supervisory strategies.
- Promote continuous, lifelong learning in self, students, colleagues and the community.
- Advocate for appropriate and supportive working conditions for teachers and students.
- Produce research-based, data-driven practices for teachers and schools.
Welcome to CIS from Dr. Sterrett
Welcome from a UNCW CIS Graduate
- Frequently Asked Questions (Please read first)
- Record of Progress planning sheet for CIS Master's degree
- Record of Progress planning sheet for CIS add-on licensure
- Record of Progress planning sheet for CIS add-on licensure for MSA students
- Typical CIS Course Offerings by Semester- A Sample Guide