The Love of Learning Summer Camp
An engaging summer expereince for those young at hear and over 45 years old.
Summer camps are not just for kids! Join us as we learn how important it is to learn new things and keep our minds sharp at any age. This five day camp will provides experiences and lessons for keeping your mind and body learning and active at any age.
Facilitator- Dr. Jeff Ertzberger, UNC Wilmington
- Explore Apps to review number, letter, and spatial skills
- Create Paper Roller Coasters : Problem solving fun at its best
- Learn how to create personal learning environments so we can keep learning at any age
- Discover the world of Minecraft. Kids are playing it by the millions.See what it is all about
- Work hands on with GPS as we learn the hobby of Geocaching
- Experience robot fun as we program and experience the latest in robotic technologies
- Color Images and make them appear in 3D
- Lead by some of the most caring and knowledgeable staff from UNC Wilmington
Program Dates and Location:
Dates: June 20-24: Monday – Friday from 8:30am – Noon
Location: Education Building – UNC Wilmington Campus
Register Today - Space is Limited!
- Fill out the online registration at uncw.edu/core
- Registration = $100 dollars. After filling out registration, you will be forwarded to a page to make a $100 dollar contribution to the Cathy Barlow Intern Scholarship Fund. This donation is tax deductible.
You are only registered after both steps are completed.
Hurry - Registration is limited to first 20 registrations with completed donations.
Save your space today and tell your friends!
More Workshop Information...
Learn and Share: Along with learning great new things, this camp prepares members to be active participants with grandchildren, children, or other young adults in creative problem solving and critical thinking.
About the Facilitator:
Dr. Ertzberger is a lifelong educator. He is currently the director of technology for the Watson College of Education at UNCW. During his career he has been a classroom teacher and worked for the N.C. Department of Instruction. Jeff’s unique experiences and personality allow him to present sometimes complex technologies in ways that are understandable, and fun! In 2006 Jeff was awarded a Microsoft Innovative Teachers award. He has been a key note speaker and presenter at regional and international conferences. He has also been a member of many local and national technology organizations. He has led many successful workshops for the Osher Life Long Learning Center. Jeff has had a tremendous positive impact locally, nationally, and internationally. The resources he has created have been used across the globe to positively impact education.
For questions about the program contact:
Jeff Ertzberger | firstname.lastname@example.org | 910-962-7670