Inclusive Excellence Awards
The purpose of the Inclusive Excellence Award is to recognize UNCW students’ contribution to inclusive excellence at UNCW. Inclusive excellence refers to the contribution made by a student to improve diversity and inclusion efforts at UNCW. Award is additionally based on academic merit, and need.
- UNCW sophomore, junior, or senior, or graduate student currently enrolled full-time.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Financial need (based on FAFSA EFC, or established otherwise).
- An essay describing contribution to diversity and inclusion at UNCW.
- Include Name, current UNCW GPA, UNCW ID number (top left corner).
- 500 word maximum; PDF or Word file
Three UNCW students will be awarded $1,000 per person, to be disbursed during Fall 2013. Awards will be used toward payment for tuition, fees, or books.
Final selection of award recipients will be made by a committee from the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion. Students will be notified of award no later than November 26th, 2013.
Please send essay to Dr. Edelmira Segovia, Interim Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion email@example.com Subject line: Inclusive Excellence Award Essay Application.