The College of Arts and Sciences offers a 21-hour interdisciplinary minor in journalism to provide students with a variety of courses that prepare them for careers in print and broadcast journalism. Students acquire a basic knowledge of the journalism industry in courses offered by the Department of Communication Studies and develop writing and editing skills through courses offered by the Department of English.
Core (9 hours)
| ENG 202 Introduction to Journalism
ENG 204 Introduction to Technical Writing
COM 361 Media Law and Ethics
COM 265 Media, Culture and Society I
ENG 301 International Journalism
- Other courses may be counted toward the minor if approved by the program coordinator.
- At least 9 elective hours must be at the 300 or 400 level.
- Courses taken to fulfill the Communication Studies major May not be used to fulfill requirements for the Journalism minor requirements.
- A minimum grade of "C" (2.0) is required in all courses counted toward the Journalism minor, and the cumulative grade point average in these courses must be at least 2.5.
- Some courses listed above have prerequisites or other entry requirements.
For additional information or assistance:
Contact: Dr. Jennifer Brubaker
Associate Professor & Journalism Minor Co-coordinator
Department of Communication Studies
Leutze Hall #236
Follow this link: Journalism Minor