More Upcoming Events
- December 16, 4 p.m., CIE - Social Marketing Leads to Next Glass Social Gathering - How did Next Glass use social marketing to push into 100,000 downloads in 48 hours? Panelists will include Josh Harcus, Huify; Mandy Curtin and Robyn Deely, Next Glass; Jamie Mottram, For the Win and will be moderated by Jeanne Persuit, assistant professor of communication studies at UNCW. Plan to stay afterwards to celebrate your successes that contributed to a GREAT year for CIE. This event is hosted in partnership with the UNCW Swain Center and Next Glass. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to our event sponsor: Wide Open Technologies.
CIE in the News
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
What's Happening @ CIE?
- December 16, 4 p.m., CIE - Social Marketing Leads to Next Glass Social Gathering - How did Next Glass use social marketing to push into 100,000 downloads in 48 hours? Panelists will include Josh Harcus, Huify; Mandy Curtin and Robyn Deely, Next Glass; Jamie Mottram, For the Win and will be moderated by Jeanne Persuit, assistant professor of communication studies at UNCW. Plan to stay afterwards to celebrate your successes that contributed to a GREAT year for CIE. This event is hosted in partnership with the UNCW Swain Center and Next Glass. RSVP to email@example.com. Thank you to our event sponsor:
Cucalorus 10x10 Project
Check out our film that debuted Sunday, November 16, 2014 at Cucalorus! Thank you to our filmmaker, Khang Mai!
UNCW and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship was recently featured on UNC-TV as part of the tour of the 17 member institutions in the UNC system. Watch this video detailing just a few of the many innovative programs at UNCW to see why we have become one of the top ten public institutions in the South according to U.S. News and World Report.
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) works to identify and nurture high-growth, high-impact companies and to accelerate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in southeastern North Carolina.
Our center is a nurturing environment for innovators as well
as the entrepreneurs who will start the businesses to bring those
innovations to the marketplace. With a combination of event space for
training, co-working space for “napkin-stage” startups, low cost office
space, experienced mentors and a future venture capital fund, we have
created a great environment for startups in a great place – Wilmington,
NC. Our unique events centered around increasing sales, preparing
successful SBIR grant proposals and developing better investor
presentations will help entrepreneurs make better fundamental decisions
at an early stage, setting them on the path to success within the local
Our center serves both the students and faculty of UNC Wilmington as well as the startups interested in being a part of our community. Our events are currently free and always lead to lively discussions about the new talent discovered in our backyard. We often invite out-of-town professionals from the entrepreneurship and business development worlds to speak about a variety of topics relevant to today’s economic challenges and opportunities for growing a business.
Please visit this site often for news about upcoming events and opportunities to see and hear from the companies you will read about tomorrow and for years to come.
In 2014, the CIE will have an additional focus on Innovation to help spur Entrepreneurship.