2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- UNCW's CIE celebrates growth, looks ahead to future leadership - Port City Daily, 05.26.15
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
TranS1, Inc. is a medical device spine company focused on minimally invasive surgical procedures for the spine, designed to improve patient outcomes and surgical ease-of-use. Their primary technology is AxiaLIF, a minimally invasive access and fusion system that enables lumbar fusion to be performed with complete preservation of the annulus and all paraspinal soft tissue structures. They specialize in bringing innovative spine solutions to market including AxiaLIF and AxiaLIF 2L, technologies that allow surgeons to perform lower lumbar fusions that result in high fusion rates, low complication rates, and improved patient recovery time. TranS1 is also developing a motion preservation platform to be delivered through this minimally invasive, trans-sacral approach.
Their product offerings will continue to grow as we take on new clinical challenges. With our highly experienced team, TranS1 will focus on creating new products that will expand the boundaries of traditional spine surgery and lead to better patient outcomes.
View Company Website: TranS1