2015 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
TranS1, Inc. is a medical device spine company focused on minimally invasive surgical procedures for the spine, designed to improve patient outcomes and surgical ease-of-use. Their primary technology is AxiaLIF, a minimally invasive access and fusion system that enables lumbar fusion to be performed with complete preservation of the annulus and all paraspinal soft tissue structures. They specialize in bringing innovative spine solutions to market including AxiaLIF and AxiaLIF 2L, technologies that allow surgeons to perform lower lumbar fusions that result in high fusion rates, low complication rates, and improved patient recovery time. TranS1 is also developing a motion preservation platform to be delivered through this minimally invasive, trans-sacral approach.
Their product offerings will continue to grow as we take on new clinical challenges. With our highly experienced team, TranS1 will focus on creating new products that will expand the boundaries of traditional spine surgery and lead to better patient outcomes.
View Company Website: TranS1