2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
South ‘n France Bon Bons
When creating South ‘n France, Charlene Dupray and Pascal Siegler wanted to celebrate the things they love best about their respective cultures. They set out to marry the relaxed charms and gracious living of the South with the style and flair of provincial France. They would join together simple, traditional Southern pleasures with the spirit of French joie de vivre. They knew the marriage of these concepts would work beautifully, because as a husband and wife team, Pascal and Charlene have spent years working on blending their two unique cultures into a harmonious whole. South ‘n France hand-dipped chocolate bon bons marry sweet Southern ingredients with classic French techniques. The result? Seven delectable bon bon flavors, all entirely handmade: Cafe’ au Lait, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Coconut, Cookies ‘n Creme, Fudge Brownie, Peanut Buttah, and Pistachio.
Charlene is most excited about the growth opportunities in Wilmington, and feels that the cultural diversity of Wilmington will continue to embrace their unique business. The majority of their clients are based in Wilmington, but they are starting to see an increase in the mail order part of the business. Charlene plans to attend more of the seminars available through the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center and hopes that networking events could lead to more business for South ‘n France Bon Bons.