2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning January 28, every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. For more information and to register, please email email@example.com
- February 26, MARBIONC CREST Campus - Life Sciences in Wilmington - More info coming soon. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIE in the News
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
Galvanized Films, LLC
Galvanized Films, LLC was formed in early 2001 in Wilmington, NC. Their mission has always been to develop and produce commercially-minded feature films for theatrical release. Along the way Galvanized Films began to produce and broadcast commercials and other non-feature work. In order to stay true to their singular purpose, Galvanized Productions, LLC was created in 2008 to focus on any film or video product other than feature films. To date Galvanized Films has played an integral part in six feature films. In the past two years they have produced four films with such stars as Thomas Dekker (‘Sarah Conner Chronicles‘, upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street), Lance Henrikson (Aliens, ‘Millenium‘), Marc Singer (Beastmaster, ‘V‘), Carmen Electra, Lainie Kazan (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Saul Rubinek (Unforgiven, ‘Warehouse 13‘), Vincent Pastore (‘Sopranos‘), C Thomas Howell (The Outsiders, Red Dawn), Jodie Sweetin (‘Full House‘), John Wesley Shipp (‘Dawson’s Creek‘) and Barbara Alyn Woods (‘One Tree Hill‘).
The Jailhouse, starring C Thomas Howell, will be theatrically released in 10 states on May 4th. Port City will have a Los Angeles premier early summer 2010.IG-145 will soon be completed and presented to television networks where early responses have been overwhelmingly favorable.
The business of independent film can be resource-exhaustive. Many companies have wandered the globe slashing and burning their way through investors. Galvanized Films has worked diligently to provide a different model. Wilmington is their home and the community’s resources are of paramount importance. Galvanized Films chooses projects based on both return and artistic merit. In short, they make films that they are proud of from both a business and filmmaker’s perspective. Their track record substantiates these claims.
Networking is vital to their success. Organizations such as the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center allow them the opportunity to foster new relationships while learning from the past experiences of other entrepreneurs. Heath Franklin with Galvanized Films says that they will continue to work with the UNCWEC as the University has made a commitment to the long-term growth of both the center and entrepreneurs in our area. He looks forward to exploiting this wonderful resource in the future.