More Upcoming Events
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- How old do you really look? FaceMyAge has an app for that - WRAL TechWire, 08.29.14
- Reinventing eye surgery - Lumina News, 08.20.14
- Business of Beer: Challenging, Costly and Friendly - Exit Event, 08.13.14
- Experts: Beer Making A Demanding But Rewarding Pursuit - GWBJ, 08.12.14
- Area craft brewers discuss the business of beer - Port City Daily, 08.12.14
- N.C. brewmeisters discuss burgeoning craft - Star News, 08.11.14
- Conference To Showcase 2 Local Startups - GWBJ, 08.08.14
- CED Announces 18 ‘Showcase Companies’ To Be Featured on Main Stage at Tech Venture Conference As Key Examples of ‘Rise of the Rest’ Phenomenon - 08.07.14
- Wilmington's First Maker Space On The Way - GWBJ, 08.06.14
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Startup Experience Lands HUGO Co-founder In Larger Startup Pond, GWBJ, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
Galvanized Films, LLC
Galvanized Films, LLC was formed in early 2001 in Wilmington, NC. Their mission has always been to develop and produce commercially-minded feature films for theatrical release. Along the way Galvanized Films began to produce and broadcast commercials and other non-feature work. In order to stay true to their singular purpose, Galvanized Productions, LLC was created in 2008 to focus on any film or video product other than feature films. To date Galvanized Films has played an integral part in six feature films. In the past two years they have produced four films with such stars as Thomas Dekker (‘Sarah Conner Chronicles‘, upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street), Lance Henrikson (Aliens, ‘Millenium‘), Marc Singer (Beastmaster, ‘V‘), Carmen Electra, Lainie Kazan (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Saul Rubinek (Unforgiven, ‘Warehouse 13‘), Vincent Pastore (‘Sopranos‘), C Thomas Howell (The Outsiders, Red Dawn), Jodie Sweetin (‘Full House‘), John Wesley Shipp (‘Dawson’s Creek‘) and Barbara Alyn Woods (‘One Tree Hill‘).
The Jailhouse, starring C Thomas Howell, will be theatrically released in 10 states on May 4th. Port City will have a Los Angeles premier early summer 2010.IG-145 will soon be completed and presented to television networks where early responses have been overwhelmingly favorable.
The business of independent film can be resource-exhaustive. Many companies have wandered the globe slashing and burning their way through investors. Galvanized Films has worked diligently to provide a different model. Wilmington is their home and the community’s resources are of paramount importance. Galvanized Films chooses projects based on both return and artistic merit. In short, they make films that they are proud of from both a business and filmmaker’s perspective. Their track record substantiates these claims.
Networking is vital to their success. Organizations such as the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center allow them the opportunity to foster new relationships while learning from the past experiences of other entrepreneurs. Heath Franklin with Galvanized Films says that they will continue to work with the UNCWEC as the University has made a commitment to the long-term growth of both the center and entrepreneurs in our area. He looks forward to exploiting this wonderful resource in the future.