Have you read our mission statement lately?
What's New in CAS
- CAS Faculty Symposium "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere: The Darker and Lighter Sides of Alcohol"
- College Day 2014 Registration
- College of Arts and Sciences Conducts Dean Search
- Physics Lecturer, Zack Williams has published paper featured as "Research in the Spotlight" in upcoming EOS newsletter and will be highlighted at phys.org (a physics news portal).
- Dr. Raymonde Kleinberg named 2013-14 Academic Fellow with the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies in Washington, DC
- CAS presents the Second Annual Faculty Symposium,,"Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?"
Welcome to CAS
The arts and sciences are the academic core of the university. At UNCW, the College of Arts and Sciences provides the vital foundation for the university’s pursuit of excellence. Through our teaching, we educate students for lives of fulfillment in the twenty-first century. Through our research, we advance the state of knowledge and creativity in the arts and sciences. And through our outreach, we improve the quality of life in Southeastern North Carolina and beyond.
In CAS we offer a full range of undergraduate majors in the arts and sciences. We also ensure a comprehensive educational experience for all UNCW students through our University Studies offerings. Many of our departments offer master’s programs, and terminal degree programs are available in Marine Biology (Ph.D.) and Creative Writing (MFA).
Applied learning—the kind of learning in which students gain hands-on experience with the skills of their major fields—is a hallmark of the student experience in CAS, and a key feature that makes us distinctive. Our faculty also sets us apart. CAS faculty members are first-rate researchers who are committed to the integration of their scholarly work with powerful teaching in and beyond the classroom.
You can find a wealth of information on this website about our academic programs, and about the great work done by our faculty and students. Explore freely, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need more information.
College of Arts and Sciences
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Bear Hall 146
601 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5912