Featured Part Time Jobs (updated 4/6/15)
|Job Title:||Retail associate apparel|
|SeaWork Job ID||44684|
Carolina Coast Harley Davidson Buell Motorcycles
|Linked Contact:||April Ash|
|Work Schedule||Weekends mandatory, some weekdays|
|Wage/Salary:||$8.50 per hour|
|Job Description:||Part time position in apparel department. Duties include customer service, inventory control, receiving inventory and placement of inventory on showroom floor, maintenance of showroom including keeping inventory organized and fixtures free of dust and dirt, running cash register, assisting customers with fitting riding gear and clothing.|
|Qualifications:||Must be out-going and friendly, able to connect with people quickly and assess customer's needs. Must be available to work every weekend and possibly a few hours during the week, and available during the holiday season. More hours may become available during the summer during motorcycle riding season.|
|Application Instructions:||Must apply in person at 6620 Market Street in Wilmington. Must be appropriately dressed for a job interview and have a professional attitude. No phone calls. May apply online but walk-in applicants will be given priority.|
|Job Title:||Marine Educator Summer Position|
|SeaWork Job ID||44275|
Surf Camp Inc.
|Linked Contact:||Will Ahlers|
|Work Schedule||Monday- Friday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM|
|Wage/Salary:||The salary for this position is paid weekly and is dependent on experience and education.|
|Job Description:|| The Marine Educator of the Guppy Ocean Adventure Camp must be a multi-talented individual with a strong desire to provide marine science instruction and ocean safety awareness to children ages 6-10. Applicant must have a passion for marine stewardship and teaching. Working as part of a team is important, and the applicant must provide leadership, guidance, and feedback to all Surf Camp Inc. staff. This position requires the candidate to work as a team with a fellow Marine Educator, Assistant Director, and a Director to teach and manage 14 students. Last but not least, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all staff and students stay safe while having an awesome and life enriching experience.
The Guppy Camp Staff responsibilities are listed below but may not be limited to this list.
Attend weekly meetings with Program Coordinator both prior to and at the end of camp
Perform all prep work, including but not limited to: reading through camp binder and ensuring all supplies are ready and accessible
Organize, develop and implement Guppy Camp curriculum to campers
Present and direct educational activities on topics such as:
Ocean safety awareness
Sea turtle life histories
Barrier island ecology
Salt marsh organisms
Put students’ needs before your own
Get to know each camper, and make them feel welcome, included, and accepted
Coordinate activities and responsibilities with other team members
Work with outfitters to organize and coordinate additional activities
Follow proper Accident Protocol when necessary
Safely transport students in clean 15 passenger vans
Converse with parents before and after camp, answering their questions and concerns
Be knowledgeable about WB Surf Camp as a company, as well as its diversity of programs
Supervise and participate in all camp activities
Assist with daily setup and breakdown responsibilities
Serve as a positive role model for youth
For further information about Surf Camp, Inc programs, you are invited to take a look at our world at www.wbsurfcamp.com
|Qualifications:|| Minimum Qualifications
BA or BS in marine biology, environmental science/education related field (or working on)
At least 18 years of age
Must be in excellent physical condition
Ability to pass a 500 yard open-ocean swim test
Current certifications: ARC Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid
Experience in marine science, education, and camp counselor related field
Strong desire to change the world for the better through education and action!
Willing to work long hours while maintaining energy and stamina
No conflicting summer commitments including travel, work, or other leave of absence
Strong communication, decision making, logistical, and organizational skills
Able to pass a government background check
Clean driving record
Wilderness First Aid Certification
Broad knowledge of surfing fundamentals
Familiarity with southeastern marine ecosystems and organisms
Environmental education certification or teaching credential
|Application Instructions:||Please send cover letter and updated resume to Jessica Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Job Title:||Kennel Assistant|
|SeaWork Job ID||32488|
Scotts Hill Pet Resort
|Linked Contact:||Jacqueline Parker|
|Work Schedule||4 to 7 days a week, 20 -30 hrs, some holidays|
|Wage/Salary:||8.00 to start|
|Job Description:||Assists with daily duties of boarding for pets. Includes feeding, cleaning kennels and crates. Cleaning up outside play areas. Administering meds on as needed basis. Job will demand some heavy lifting up to approximately 80 lbs. Applicant must be hard-working, ability to work with minimal instruction, good organizational skills, customer relations and have a take charge attitude. Compassionate and confident with animals and extremely reliable. Job also requires checking in and out for clients and keeping accurate records as required by the N.C. Dept of Agriculture. Good Housekeeping is a must!!!!|
|Qualifications:|| Prior experience helpful but not required. Applicant must not be afraid to handle large dogs.
MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 50 - 70 POUNDS
Please email resume to apply
Featured Full Time Jobs
|Job Title:||Junior Web Developer|
|SeaWork Job ID||44646|
Atlantic Corporation of Wilmington, Inc.
|Linked Contact:||Megan Criss|
|Job Description:|| We're seeking a web developer to work in-house on web design, site integration, and collaboration with a creative marketing team for an established company of over 900 employees.
Our company consists of dedicated sales, support, and manufacturing positions around the US, primarily in the southeast. The marketing team serves the greater needs of the organization in creative, unique ways and the developer is a key part of this process in terms of strategy, planning, and implementation.
This position is ideal for fast learners interested in working for a well established company with opportunities for creativity and gaining new skills.
- Maintain, update, and build upon existing applications.
- Help in the planning process of new projects.
- Provide insights as to how technology can help solve problems or offer opportunities.
- Build and launch new sites and programs.
- Provide long-term planning and vision for new programs.
- Collaborate as a direct member of a team and also communicate effectively with our IT Department.
- Ability to collaborate with a creative team, offering insights and ideas about process, planning, opportunities, and the successful implementation of a planned project.
- Comfortable with balancing projects of creative freedom with projects that require meeting demands from upper management (i.e. can operate with creative freedom and can also take direct orders from management).
- A quick learner when it comes to new ideas or technology.
Position & Benefits:
- Full time, in-house position in Wilmington, North Carolina
- 8 am to 5 pm work schedule
- Privately owned company established in 1945 with significant growth year-after-year
- Health, dental, vision, short and long term disability plans
|Qualifications:|| - Proficient with HTML, CSS, and modern front-end frameworks (i.e Bootstrap and Foundation).
- Knowledge of Git version control.
- Work with existing database infrastructure in conjunction with IT Department.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server as well as MySQL & PostgreSQL.
Our Existing Applications, Familiarity with These a Plus
- Active Directory / LDAP
- C#/.NET Framework.
- Ruby on Rails
Please apply with a resume and cover letter, including details about projects that you've worked on or built. We look forward to hearing from you.
|Job Title:||Customer Service Representative|
|SeaWork Job ID||44605|
SME, Inc. USA
|Linked Contact:||Jason Earp|
|Work Schedule||M-F, 9-6|
SME is looking for a versatile team member that is ready for long term employment with a growing national medical equipment and supply company. We are a small business (<50 on-site employees) that has been located in the Wilmington area for over 20 years. Our employees are offered excellent benefits: full health insurance, 401k, paid time off and profit sharing.
|Qualifications:|| - Willingness to maintain a positive demeanor and embrace vocal communication with customers.
- Capable of a strong phone presence.
- Computer experience required: basic word processing; Quickbooks experience a plus.
- Ability to handle multitasking in a fast paced setting
|Application Instructions:||Email resume to email@example.com|
|Job Title:||Financial Planning Associate|
|SeaWork Job ID||44620|
New Planner Recruiting
|Linked Contact:||Caleb Brown|
|Benefits:|| • Competitive salary with performance based pay program and career track available
• Health insurance, dental and vision available
• Safe Harbor 401k, with annual employer contribution
• Educational reimbursement (continued education, conference attendance, training budget, etc.)
• Paid professional dues
• Mentorship and learning opportunities in a collaborative team environment
|Job Description:|| Woodward Financial Advisors is an independent, fee-only, Wealth Management firm located in Chapel Hill, NC seeking a Financial Planning Associate to join our team. We provide comprehensive, holistic, financial planning and investment management services for high net worth clients. We use a unique approach to assist clients in articulating meaningful goals and attaining those goals through actions and strategies consistent with their specified values.
We are very interested in you if you’re a dynamic team player who wants to be part of a successful growing team, is enthusiastic about helping people make the most meaningful use of their personal and financial resources, and is looking for a tremendous career growth opportunity.
A Financial Planning Associate will be able to learn from our highly experienced team and will begin working with our clients immediately. This professional position will assist our Senior Planners in the creation of complex and comprehensive financial projections for our high net worth clientele. The Financial Planning Associate will be involved in the entire client engagement and will be encouraged to grow into the Senior Planner role, if desired. The Senior Planners are available to provide mentoring and big picture direction, but you must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
Initial Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Collect, organize, and synthesize personal and financial client information
• Construct financial and retirement projections using Money Guide Pro
• Assist Senior Planners in analysis of estate plans, retirement plans, tax planning, and insurance needs
• Participate in client meetings and support Senior Planners in capturing client wishes via meeting notes and delivering follow up planning strategies
• Create deliverables for client engagements
• Coordinate planning recommendations implementation with outside professionals
• Continuously monitor clients’ financial situations with detail and accuracy with Salesforce CRM
• Be available to field ad hoc planning questions from clients
• Conduct research projects on recent developments in the wealth management industry
• Manage social media channels and publish blog posts
• Assist with internal work flow system upgrades and development
|Qualifications:|| Key Qualifications:
• Demonstrated passion for the Financial Planning profession
• Someone who lives for organization and structure yet is a creative thinker
• Working towards CFP® certification
• Bachelors degree from accredited institution preferably in Financial Planning; Masters preferred
• If not CFP®, Series 65 preferred
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills
• Ability to identify, meet and follow through with client needs and requirements
• Must be a self-starter, problem solver and a goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude
• Able to work independently
• Organized, with a strong attention to detail
• Able to perform multiple tasks efficiently
• Show confidence when dealing with clients and the Senior Planners
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Money Guide Pro, Morningstar Office, TD Ameritrade and Fidelity Institutional custodial platforms, and Salesforce a plus
|Job Title:||Fort Fisher Training Center Intern|
|SeaWork Job ID||39845|
North Carolina National Guard Fort Fisher Training Center
|Linked Contact:||Terry Mullis|
|Wage/Salary:||9.00 per hour|
|Start Date:||Summer 2015|
|End Date:||Summer 2015|
|Job Description:|| Here at Fort Fisher Training Center we provide over 10,000 square feet of classroom space, 64 lodge rooms and a dining facility for training groups to utilize to accomplish their training missions. We have various groups that train here. Some are military, federal and state organizations, police and fire departments.
The selected intern must have excellent customer service and communication skills. The training program would begin with learning the responsibilities of our Lodge Staff. The task would include the cleaning of the lodge rooms, learning how to purchase supplies, maintaining proper inventory of supplies, and overall care of the rooms. This phase of training would last up to three weeks.
Next the intern would train with our Reservationist. Here the intern would learn what it takes to take and coordinate reservations between various training groups. Also the intern would learn the proper way to build a training schedule, billing, accounts receivable, and extremely high lev-els of customer service. This phase would last up to two weeks.
The third phase of the internship would be spent with our Operations section. Here the intern would work directly with the customers to assist them in the accomplishment of their mission. The intern would offer direct assistance and conduct initial in-briefs communicating the rules and regulations while training groups attend training here on the base. This phase would last up to two weeks.
The fourth phase would be spent with our Funds Manager and Facility Engineer learning about our accounting and bookkeeping. And also learning about what it takes to maintain the infra-structure of our buildings and facilities. This phase would last up to two weeks.
The final phase of the internship would be spent with the Director learning the management responsibilities of the base. Some tasks include long range planning, supervision, conducting staff meetings, personnel actions, and upper level customer service.
|Qualifications:||Overall the selected intern would be outgoing, professional, and willing to learn. This is a great opportunity for the right individual and would provide them with direct "on-the-job" knowledge. The selected intern must pass a background investigation, have their own reliable transportation, and most importantly….Be nice!|
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Captain Terry Mullis at
|Job Title:||Fall 2015 Internship|
|SeaWork Job ID||44651|
New Hanover County District Attorney's Office
|Linked Contact:||Samantha Dooies|
|Work Schedule:||Mon.-Fri.; generally 10 to 15 hours per week|
|Start Date:||August 2015|
|End Date:||December 2015|
|Job Description:||Students are assigned to work district and superior court caseloads with tasks including but not limited to: case file organization; correspondence with victims and law enforcement; discovery dissemination; evidence review; and courtroom observation. The program also includes field trips to several partner organizations to encourage a broader understanding of our work.|
|Qualifications:||The internship generally begins around the first day of classes and runs until final exams. The weekly commitment varies depending on the requirements of the internship advisor, but it is generally between 10 to 15 hours per week. The internship must be taken for course credit and students’ eligibility must be approved by their college or university advisor to ensure that they are eligible for the internship.|
|Application Instructions:|| To apply, e-mail the following to Christine Shuler, Internship Supervisor, at Christine.B.Shuler@nccourts.org by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 17th, 2015:
• Cover Letter
• Name and contact information of the college/university advisor who approved your internship eligibility
• Date of Birth
• Contact information for three
***All applicants are subject to a background screening. Students with a criminal record need not apply.
|Job Title:||Marketing/Promotions/Game Day Intern|
|SeaWork Job ID||44539|
Wilmington Hammerheads Professional Soccer Team
|Linked Contact:|| Danielle Dorantich
|Work Schedule||Minimum availibility of 1 day per week & availibility for ALL home games|
|Job Description:||Wilmington Hammerheads is a professional soccer organization that plays in the strongest, best operated and most experienced North American Men’s professional soccer league, the USL, right below MLS. The Hammerheads are seeking a highly motivated, dependable and driven intern to assist the marketing and events department, as well as on ALL game days.|
|Qualifications:|| Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or participate in in-person events to garner exposure of the club
- Cultivate relationships with fans
- Represent the club in community events, networking events, and youth soccer events
- Post promotional/marketing materials throughout community
- Presence at ALL game days and flexibility to assist with different intern game day positions
- Assist with preparing field for game day as well as cleaning up post game
- Administrative/office assistance
***Some physical labor required***
- On time is late. Be early and be prepared.
- Be professional at all times. You represent the club at all times and we will not tolerate any situations that put a bad light on the club.
- Your goal should be to make an impression and make yourself relevant while you are with us. To just go through the motions will not benefit either party.
- That you are available for the majority of our games, events, office time, etc.
- Availability for the entire season; Mid-March through Mid-September
- Communication is very important. Email will be the main form of communication and we expect professional and timely responses. All emails must be answered within 24 hours.
- If these expectations are not met, we may ask to part ways
- On our end, we will work to help give you as much experience as possible and teach you along the way. Our hopes are to build strong relationships with you and help provide you with opportunities within our club or other clubs. We want to have good experiences with you so we can help you move forward in your careers.
|Application Instructions:||Please email resume and cover letter to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org|