Featured Part Time Jobs (updated 11/19/14)
|Job Title:||Work Assistant -Watson College EEMLS - on campus|
UNCW Watson College of Education
|Linked Contact:||Laurie Howell|
|Work Schedule:||10/15 Hours per week|
|Job Description:|| General office duties: Front office – front line response answering phones and referring questions to others as needed; word processing and data entry; copying, filing, and running errands; general research and other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Must be enrolled as and UNCW student--Great communication skills and be a self-starter. Able to work well with others and also independently with several projects at once. Must have PC knowledge, and strong experience with Word.|
|Application Instructions:||Please contact Laurie Howell at UNCW- Watson College of Education if you are interested in interviewing for this position at 910-962-4171 or by email at HOWELLL@uncw.edu|
|Job Title:||Tennis Shop Assistant|
Cape Fear Country club
|Linked Contact:||Laird Dunlop|
|Work Schedule:||Shifts are typically weekdays 3-9pm or 6-9pm or Saturdays 8am-2pm or 11:30am-6pm and Sundays 11am-3pm or 3pm-7pm|
|Job Description:|| Dependability, responsibility, people person, member services, some retail, some maintenance, some indoor and some outdoor, a myriad of duties providing excellent understanding of how a business works all set up in a friendly and beautiful environment.
|Qualifications:||Great attitude and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, eagerness to work!|
|Application Instructions:|| Send resumes and cover letter with available days and times to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
|Job Title:||Office / Accounts Assistant|
|Linked Contact:||Alison Caplanson|
|Job Description:|| Assistant required to perform data entry tasks and general office duties. Required to collate customer information for product cancellations and calculate refund amounts.
Collate monthly report on various product types working with excel.
|Qualifications:|| Must be proficient on Excel. Attention to detail, able to perform basic calculations.
Hours can be flexible but must be regular and agreed in advance.
Email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Featured Full Time Jobs
|Job Title:||MTU Technical Associate – Application and Software Developer Concentration|
MetLife Global Technology & Operations
|Linked Contact:||Rodney Carson|
|Job Description:|| MTU Technical Associate – Application and Software Developer Concentration
MetLife Global Technology and operations (GTO) is seeking innovative, enthusiastic, technically-oriented and entrepreneurial-minded individuals to participate in its full-time, entry-level MetLife Tech University (MTU) Professional Program.
MetLife GTO Overview
MetLife is a global leader in the insurance industry serving customers in nearly 50 countries. MetLife’s Global Technology & Operations (GTO) division is the foundation for MetLife’s global business strategy. GTO is comprised of a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers committed to delivering innovative solutions and infrastructure to help enable MetLife to deliver a world-class customer experience. While we have thousands of employees around the world, we work together as one team to serve our more than 90 million customers. By leveraging our scale, simplifying operations, and leveraging cutting-edge technology, we're earning the right to be the customer's first choice.
For more information on MetLife GTO, visit www.metlifegto.com.
MTU Professional Program Overview
The MTU Professional Program seeks to equip participants with the skills necessary to succeed at MetLife. The six-month program consists of a robust curriculum of professional development and technical skill courses aimed at increasing proficiency and easing the transition from school to work. By the end of the program, successful MTU Professionals will be integrated into work-teams and will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of current business projects in the areas of application and software development, infrastructure and network engineering, business systems analysis and/or database administration.
Participants in the MTU Professional Program will spend the first six months of their employment at MetLife at our Research Triangle Park campus in North Carolina before transitioning to their full time work locations:
- Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Clarks Summit, PA
- Somerset, NJ
- Troy, NY
- Long Island City, NY
- Charlotte, NC
- Greenville, SC
Application and Software Developer Concentration
Application and Software Developers are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of applications that enable MetLife to provide the best products and services to its internal and external customers. Application and Software Developer MTU Professionals may gain exposure to the following, depending on their specified role and team:
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Application testing
- HTML, .NET, C#
- Mobile application development
- IT Architecture (SOA)
- IT Standards, procedures, policies
- Requirements analysis
|Qualifications:|| Job Requirements
• Ability to start employment on either: February 23, 2015 or August 3, 2015
• Ability to live and work in Raleigh, NC for at least first 6 months of employment
Education and Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required
• Education background in computer science, information technology, information systems, related major, or combination of education and relevant work experience
• Campus involvement, work experience, and/or community service experience
• GPA 3.0 out of 4.0 is preferred
• Previous internship experience in a technical/technology-related field preferred
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong technical curiosity and entrepreneurial mindset
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• High level of learning agility
• Knowledge of Software Design and Development Lifecycle
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply directly to the role by visiting our website at www.metlife.com.
|Job Title:||Secondary Math Teacher|
Lee County Schools
|Linked Contact:||Javetta Clark|
|Job Description:||Secondary Math Teacher|
|Application Instructions:||Send resume and unofficial transcripts to Javetta Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make online application at www.lee.k12.nc.us. Click on employment heading, click on words apply here.|
|Job Title:||Communications and Marketing Coordinator|
International Student Exchange Programs
|Job Description:|| The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Communications & Marketing. The incumbent will help implement ISEP's B2C marketing efforts to increase brand recognition, facilitate student lead generation, and promote ISEP programs through increased student engagement. In conjunction with Program staff and the Director of Communications and Marketing, the incumbent will support student recruitment objectives and oversee ISEP's Student Ambassador Program. The incumbent will develop and edit marketing collateral (both print and digital) and oversee all newsletter/email campaigns. The incumbent will create and distribute customer surveys, and analyze customer research, current market conditions, and competitor information. In addition, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator will aid the Director of Communications and Marketing and the Development Coordinator in membership development, fundraising support and event planning. Events are both international and domestic, range in size from 30– 300 participants and occur 7-10 times a year. The position may require travel to event locations.
• Coordinate flow of information and communication and disseminate it according to Communications and Marketing strategy/plan.
• In conjunction with the Graphic Designer and Social Media Specialist, create, edit, and proof content for ISEP's annual catalogs and other external promotional materials.
• Supervise, edit, and assist in the development of content for ISEP's website, blog, social media channels, e-newsletters, webinars, and email campaigns to drive leads and conversions.
• Create thought leadership materials.
• Assist Director of Communications and Marketing in editing branding materials and online content in order to develop a new website content strategy.
• Create, deliver, edit, and optimize student-centric marketing materials that are consistent with Program recruitment goals and ISEP's communication and marketing strategy/plan.
• Coordinate and deliver email campaigns and mass-mail marketing materials.
• Oversee video and photo shoot production for marketing campaigns, assist with video categorizing and editing when necessary.
• Supervise email campaigns, segmentation and delivery on MailChimp. Provide monthly analytics reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
• Create and distribute customer surveys and analyze customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
• Interpret consumer data and deliver a report with proposed marketing strategies to Communications and Marketing Director.
• Assist Communications and Marketing Director with setting up CRM and CMS systems for new website.
• Collaborate with Programs staff, the Development Coordinator, the ISEP Council of Advisors, and the Director of Communications and Marketing to plan, promote, and provide logistical support for ISEP events and program initiatives.
• Build on current fundraising relationships and help develop a strategy/plan to improve donor relations and increase giving.
• Work with the Communications and Marketing team and Program staff to produce event promotional materials, participant handouts, conference programs, and signage.
• Assist the Director of Communications and Marketing in preparing and distributing venue RFPs, conducting venue site visits, developing relationships with local sales representatives, and negotiating contract obligations and benefits for ISEP
• Coordinate off-site logistical needs for transportation, reception and dinner venues, tours, etc.
• Facilitate hotel reservations and travel for special guests, speakers, presenters and ISEP staff.
STUDENT OUTREACH/ ADVOCACY
• With support from the ISEP Student Ambassador Committee and the Director of Communications and Marketing, help oversee ISEP's Ambassador Program (for ISEP student alumnae)
• Coordinate and assist with overseeing student Ambassador recruitment, on-boarding, training, engagement, and student retention campaigns.
• Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop a Marketing and Communications strategy/plan that will help the Ambassador Program meet a variety of stakeholder needs and goals, including; on-campus promotion, content creation, building a strong alumni base, etc.
• Align student outreach tactics with ISEP's marketing and communications strategy/plan as well as Program targets/goals
|Qualifications:|| • BA/BS in journalism, business, marketing, communications or other relevant field.
• 2-3 years experience in a Communications, Marketing, Event Planning and/or a development role.
• Knowledge and interest in international education and experience working in a non-profit environment
• Demonstrated creativity in marketing/communication initiatives and understanding of project management tools, email marketing/segmentation using MailChimp and publication management.
• Experience developing customer surveys with Wufoo or other online survey platforms, analyzing customer data, and presenting findings to teams.
• Well-honed storytelling, copy-writing and editing skills with experience crafting content for a variety of audiences.
• Experience and knowledge of social media and digital/multimedia communications strategies and tools.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Proven ability to prioritize a large volume of work in a fast-paced, high performance team environment.
• Organizational ability to set priorities, establish objectives, manage multiple projects simultaneously and schedule activities with the goal of providing on-time, high quality marketing campaigns.
• Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work effectively across the organization.
• Knowledge of (CMS) content management systems (WordPress and Drupal) and (CRM) Customer relationship management software (Salesforce).
• Ability to think fluidly, critically, creatively and listen actively.
• Flexible, with a positive attitude and a great sense of humor.
Bonus if you have:
• Graphic design skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), video production and editing skills (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro 7), photography, HTML, and/or CSS skills.
• Knowledge of digital marketing, website and landing page optimization, SEO and analytics.
• Demonstrated understanding of conversion tactics and how to write and guide design for compelling content.
• Study abroad and/or living abroad experience desired
• Fluency in a second language: Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese and/or French.
In order to be considered, applicant are required to submit a: Cover Letter with Salary desire, Résumé, and preferably a one-page, writing sample. Please indicate if you have had experience with MailChimp !
|Job Title:||Stat Programming Intern|
PharPoint Research, Inc.
|Work Schedule:||Flexible with school schedule|
|Job Description:||Interns will participate in the programming and validation of summary tables, data listings, and analysis datasets based on instruction received. Intern will execute assignments within assigned timeline for completion and communicate accurate and timely status updates to other project team members and department management.|
|Qualifications:|| Working on a degree in one of the following: Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline.
Basic knowledge of computer programming structures.
Planning to enroll, enrolled or completed a SAS-involved course.
|Application Instructions:|| Email Tracy Pflaumer and include a resume to be considered.
|Job Title:||2015 Nonprofit Internship Program|
Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
|Linked Contact:||Keren Salim|
|Work Schedule||30-35 hours, Mon-Fri|
|Wage/Salary:||$3,200 for the summer|
|Start Date:||June 1st, 2015|
|Job Description:|| Z. Smith Reynolds (ZSR) Foundation believes summer internships offer a crucial pathway to future employment and experience for the next generation of nonprofit leaders. However, the universality of unpaid internships in the nonprofit sector often creates financial hurdles for students to participate in such experiential learning.
In an effort to diversify the pool of young nonprofit professionals in North Carolina, ZSR established the Nonprofit Internship Program (NIP) in 2011. Each summer, the program awards 20 college and university students, enrolled in four-year institutions across the state, with paid internships at ZSR-grantee organizations that are working to advance the Foundation’s values in the areas of Community Economic Development, Pre-Collegiate Education, Social Justice & Equity, Environment, and/or Strengthening Democracy.
Students spend a minimum of eight weeks during the summer with participating host organizations. Internships offer a range of exposure and skill-building opportunities in areas such as research, community outreach, public policy, communications, fundraising and social media. Details and workplans for each internship vary by organization, and a list of internships will be available on ZSR’s website in early December.
For more information, visit http://www.zsr.org/grants-programs/non-profit-internship-program
Internships are open to undergraduate students (including graduating seniors) who are pursuing any major(s) and who bring a variety of professional and personal skills to a nonprofit host site.
|Qualifications:|| Eligible applicants are:
- full-time, enrolled students in a four-year college or university
- residents of North Carolina and/or attending institutes of higher education in the state
- Financially eligible for a Pell grant (students ineligible for a Pell grant due to documentation issues or criminal conviction may substitute to a FAFSA/Student Aid Report). As a part of the application process, students will be asked to submit a form signed by a financial aid officer at their college verifying Pell grant eligibility. Any other questions can be directed to Keren Salim at email@example.com.
Students of color are encouraged to apply.
A link to the internship application will be posted to on our website in December. Interested students will need to submit a resume, one reference, and responses to the following (250 word limit per answer):
|Job Title:||general Recreation Intern|
Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission
|Linked Contact:|| Karen Thompson
|Job Description:||* Recreation Programming: This position will primarily provide summer programming for the campground at James Island County Park. Responsible for updating the Campground Program Activity Guide. Will be responsible for developing a year-round activity plan for the campground, incorporating existing programs, implementing all summer campground programs with assistance by the campground staff and for coordinating all necessary supplies for the campground programs. Additionally, the position will work with each of the five areas of Recreation: Festivals and Events, Outdoor, Interpretation, Fitness and Wellness, and Community Recreation as needed.|
|Qualifications:||To be eligible, applicants must be currently enrolled and attending a college or university, taking classes towards earning either a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Typically we are seeking students in their third year of school who have had some specific upper level course work completed related to their major.|
|Application Instructions:|| Karen Thompson
861 Riverland Drive
Charleston SC 29412
* CCPRC Cover letter
* Resume * application (located online at www.CharlestonCountyParks.com)
* Reference statement on the completed by your advisor
These items should be submitted to the above contact. Please note, upon being selected, drug testing, a background check and a valid Driver’s License will be required. Equal Opportunity