News and Information

Memberships may be purchased during office hours only.

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Guest and Alumni

Daily Guest Passes

Cost: $5.00
Valid picture ID required and sponsorship from current student, faculty or staff member.

Daily Alumni Pass

Cost: $5.00
Alumni card required (can be obtained at Auxilary Services for $20.00)


Informed Consent Form (PDF)
Membership Application (PDF)
User Agreement (PDF)


Family Day and Children

contact us

Student Rec Center: 910-962-3261
Campus Rec Office: 910-962-7443
Fax: 910-962-3757
Email: Weatherline: 910-962-7246

Find us on the campus map

Rec Center Lounge


Student Access

  • UNCW students are members of the SRC during sessions in which they are enrolled, upon payment of student fees.
  • Student must have a valid, working UNCW One card. New and Temporary cards may be obtained through Auxiliary Services. Students without an ID have the following options:
    • Prior to 4:30 p.m., go to Auxiliary Services and request a temporary ID
    • Return home to retrieve ID
    • Be sponsored as a guest, and purchase a $5 guest pass.
  • Membership is a privilege that may be modified or revoked at the discretion of the Department of Campus Recreation and the University.
  • All memberships are non-transferable.

UNCW Alumni Access

  • Alumni may purchase a guest pass without a sponsor upon presenting a valid UNCW One Alumni ID. Alumni are only able to sponsor themselves and not an additional guest.
  • An Alumni ID card can be purchased from Auxiliary Services. An ID form must be completed with Auxiliary Services and requires a $20.00 fee. This fee is paid to Auxiliary Services only. Campus Recreation does not receive any funds from this fee.
  • Alumni are eligible to only purchase a summer membership.
    • Please see office for pricing and details.
  • An Alumni ID card is necessary at time of application. Payment options include cash, credit card, or check.

University Employee Access

The following university employees are currently eligible for membership to the SRC as a university-sponsored privilege:
- Permanent faculty/staff
- Part-time faculty/staff
- Temporary (with valid ID and verified length of employment from supervisor)
- Retirees.

To ensure ID activation, faculty and staff who desire access to the Student Recreation Center are asked to opt in to have their ID activated. Staff can visit the Campus Recreation office in the SRC to complete enrollment forms or complete the above Membership Application and User Agreement and forward to the Campus Recreation Office mail box # 5923.

Once an application and user agreement have been completed. These employees need only to present their current staff ID card for access. This access is sponsored at the university level on an annual basis. It is subject to change. It is not a state benefit guaranteed with employment. Faculty/Staff without an ID have the following options:

  • Prior to 4:30 p.m. go to Auxiliary Services and request a temporary ID
  • Return home to retrieve ID
  • Be sponsored as a guest and purchase a $5 guest past.

Spouse/Partner Access

Spouse or domestic partner of permanent or retired employees are eligible for membership to use the SRC. The SRC does not provide for memberships to dependent children or other family members.

To purchase a membership a dependent ID card must be purchased from Auxiliary Services ($20). Auxiliary Services Spouse/Domestic Partner/Dependent Policy requires the UNCW employee to be present when obtaining an ID for family members.

Once an ID is obtained an application must be completed in the Campus Recreation office located in the SRC. Campus Recreation Membership Policy requires the UNCW employee to be present when obtaining a membership for their spouse/domestic partner.

Membership Type


Spouse/Partner Full Year      

August 1 – July 31


Spouse/Partner Fall Semester          

August 1 – December 31


Spouse/Partner Spring Semester   

January 1 – May 31


Spouse/Partner Academic Year        

August 1 – May 31


Spouse/Partner Summer                   

June 1 – July 31


Above membership prices are reviewed annually and are subject to change.

Payment options include cash, check, UNCW One card, or $30 monthly payroll deduction for month end employees.

Family Days and Children Access

  1. Children under the age of 17 may not use the SRC from 5 p.m. Sunday through 4 p.m. Friday during the academic year due to the high volume of usage by our currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. Children are considered guests of members and must abide by the guest policy.
  2. Family days are from 4 p.m. Friday through 5 p.m. Sunday (during the academic year), University breaks and summer sessions. Members may purchase a guest pass for children under 17 during these times to use the SRC.
  3. Members are responsible for supervising children at all times. That individual must supervise the child during his or her stay at the facility according to the rules for each activity area. Children may not be left at the desk or other areas for staff to monitor.
  4. Members are expected to be familiar with the age restrictions posted in each activity area of the SRC.
  5. An Informed Consent form (PDF) must be completed by the parent for each child. If the parent is not accompanying the child, the Informed Consent form must be completed by the parent and guardian/sponsor prior to arrival to the SRC.

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  Z. Gilbert[ gilbertz AT uncw DOT edu ]