Contact the Director of the Program, Dr. George Schell, for more information or to schedule a meeting to discuss this new major!
- Dr. George Schell
The Information Technology major began Fall 2013. Come explore the exciting new major (or add the IT minor)! Consider a double major with your current major and Information Technology as your second, full major!
There are several sheets for you to use to plan your IT degree:
- Listing of major requirements
- Listing of required courses, cross-listed courses, and prerequisites
- Look for courses to take for the next term
- CIT310 equivalent to MIS310
- CIT352 equivalent to MIS312
- CIT324 equivalent to MIS324
- CIT411 equivalent to MIS411
- Cross-Listed Courses
Declaring Your Major
University College has a webpage to assist in the declaration of a new major. If you don't need assistance, you can declare your new major online.
Declare Your Major Online
- Log onto MySeaport and click on the Academics Tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Major Declaration/Curricular Updates" link.
- Read and follow instructions.
- Click on "Understanding Majors and Degrees" if you have questions.
- Make selections in the drop down menus.
- Selections should be "Arts and Sciences", "Bachelor of Science", "Information Technology", and then the current semester for the Catalogue year
- Click "Declare Major" to save and finalize the request.
What To Do with a Major in IT