Contact the Director of the Program, Dr. Judith Gebauer for more information or to schedule a meeting to discuss this new major!
- Dr. Judith Gebauer
Current BSIT Students
The Information Technology major began Fall 2013. Come explore the exciting new major (or add the IT minor)! Consider a double major with your current major and Information Technology as your second, full major!
There are several sheets for you to use to plan your IT degree:
- Listing of major requirements
- Listing of required courses, cross-listed courses, and prerequisites
- Look for courses to take for the next term
- CIT310 equivalent to MIS310
- CIT352 equivalent to MIS312
- CIT324 equivalent to MIS324
- CIT411 equivalent to MIS411
- Cross-Listed Courses
Need Help Choosing Courses for the IT Major?
We have an application you can download to yourcomputer to help you choose the courses you need for the Information
Technology major. [the application will not download to a phone or to a tablet] You still need to consult your degree audit to
determine what courses are need for university studies and/or general UNCW graduation requirements. Make sure to choose the Save As
option when you save the program and make sure to save it to your desktop
Click Here To Download
Declaring Your Major
University College has a webpage to assist in the declaration of a new major. If you don't need assistance, you can declare your new major online.
Declare Your Major Online
- Log onto MySeaport and click on the Academics Tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Major Declaration/Curricular Updates" link.
- Read and follow instructions.
- Click on "Understanding Majors and Degrees" if you have questions.
- Make selections in the drop down menus.
- Selections should be "Arts and Sciences", "Bachelor of Science", "Information Technology", and then the current semester for the Catalogue year
- Click "Declare Major" to save and finalize the request.