The Black Faculty and Staff Association
The Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) of the University of North Carolina Wilmington is dedicated to improving the quality of the Black experience at UNCW by fostering a campus climate that is inviting, unified, encouraging, and that promotes upward mobility. We are committed to establishing a proactive environment that is sensitive to the issues and concerns that Black, faculty, staff and students face including mentoring, tutoring, recruitment, retention and promotion.
- Fostering a sense of unity and collegiality among the Black faculty and staff;
- Encouraging and support efforts at upward mobility through effective mentoring;
- Assisting with the UNCW diversity initiative by encouraging the recruitment and retention of Black faculty, staff, and students;
- Bringing issues of importance concerning Black faculty, staff, and students to the attention of senior administrators at UNCW;
- Providing UNCW leaders with a comprehensive and representative Black perspective on institutional, societal, and programmatic matters;
- Serving as a resource to connect UNCW to Wilmington and its surrounding communities.