Congratulations to our Fall 2014 Lambda Alpha inductees!
Fall 2014 Lambda Alpha Application Deadline: September 30, 2014.
- 3.3 UNCW GPA/3.5 Anthropology GPA
- Junior status (60 hrs or more)
- 12 hours in anthropology at UNCW at the 200 level or higher
- At least one UNCW Anthropology course at the 300 level or higher.
*Membership is open twice a year, Fall and Spring.
What to submit?
- A printout of your transcript from Seanet
- A letter of interest that includes your name, address, phone or e-mail address, and GPA in both Anthropology and overall.
Where to submit?
Please submit all application materials to Dr. Reber or the Anthropology department office by 5 PM on September 30, 2014.
Benefits of Membership
- Be part of an elite UNCW and national community of students
- Wear honors regalia at commencement ceremony, and receive Honors recognition at graduation
- Enjoy an intimate induction meal with faculty
- Publish undergraduate research in the Lambda Alpha Journal
- Receive the Lambda Alpha Journal, published for members only.
- Enhance your resume for graduate schools and employment
- Enables you to apply for the national $5000 Lambda Alpha Scholarship every spring.
Spring 2014 SCHOLARSHIP applications for Lambda Alpha
Deadline: February 20, 2014
$5,000 scholarship opportunity!
- Current Lambda Alpha member
- Eligible graduating senior by end of the academic year (Spring/Summer 2014)
Materials to submit:
- A letter of nomination from the department stating candidate is applying for the National Scholarship
- Curriculum vita
- An unofficial copy of applicant's transcript (via Seanet)
- Two letters of recommendation - one from a professional anthropologist
- A statement of future professional plans (one page or less, single spaced)
- Sample of your professional writing (a publication or course paper)
- co-authored publications/contract archaeological reports not acceptable
- 30-page maximum, should be "article length"
-submit sample in pdf on CD, flash drive, or printed copy
Where to submit?
Please submit all application materials to Dr. Reber or the Anthropology department office
by 5 PM by Thursday, February 20, 2014.
For more information, please contact email@example.com